Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Congrats for superb flying in eTOC 2005

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Congrats for superb flying in eTOC 2005

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Khizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats for superb flying in eTOC 2005

Dear Mark,

Congrats on such superb flying in eTOC 2005 , it was a treat watching you. For me you were the best of the show with unprecedented flying. You have such a superb control and I think if you plane hadn`t striked the ground you may been the winner.

Regarding the plane you were using, was it a Tensor 4D ? and what setup you were using? Also I would like to ask about that music that you used in the later part , where can I get it or what is name of that song. ( It is the same one you used in JR challenge cup).

Thanks
Old 04-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Ultimate 2003

Default RE: Congrats for superb flying in eTOC 2005

Thank You,
It was a new airplane designed by George Hicks called the Axiom. It was very light and very straight. I was using an unproven system at the time. I had forty or so flights on the model, but it picked that flight to burn up the motor and/or speed controler. It was totally my fault. I was using a Hacker A20 34S on three cells with an 8 amp controller and an APC 10X3.8 prop. There were two things wrong, I should have used 2 cells and a 9X3.8. I sure was a sweet system when it was working.
Needless to say, I wish that I would have been able to finish at least one round, but it wasn't meant to be. O Well!!!! Next Year.
The airplane was extrtemely light and much bigger than last year's Tensor.
The music was the same as my normal free program.
Unchained Mellody Techno
Black Betty

Mark Leseberg Jr.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Devin McGrath

I really engoyed watching your flight Mark. I also think you would have had a great chance at first if your motor/speed control did not burn up on you like that. Better luck next year!!
Old 04-12-2005, 12:43 PM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Your da man Mark. George said your routine was amazing when you were practicing together. Wish I could have seen the whole thing. He said the finish was awesome.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Khizer

Mark as far as I ve seen in videos your Rolling harriers are unparalleled ? And its a delight to see you rolling at that high rate!!! How much do you pratice each week?

And another question that Previously you were using Futaba systems but now You have switched to JR. Honestly speaking does that make any difference at the level you are ? I myself use JR PCM 9X [8D] though

"Unchained melody" the music that you use is it by Righteous Bothers? or someone else?

Thanks
Old 04-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Ultimate 2003

It was a remix done by DJ Mystic on the Internet.
Honestly, no it doesn't make a difference. I really like the servos though. The 8611 is a very good servo with high precision and excellent torque. Holding power is very good as well. I have very large ailerons, so I need all the power I can get. The new 8611a is AWESOME!
The 9X is a great TX. I use this TX for anything and everything. I really don't use much programming.
I practice maybe 10 hrs a week.
Mark
Old 01-22-2006, 12:16 PM
hotdogx

Folks,

Anyone know if there any plans available for the Axiom model? I really like the planforms and areas on that design. Also, what is it covered with to get the carbon look?

Al Clark