Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

NEED SOME ADVISE ON MY HANGAR 9 EXTRA 330S

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

NEED SOME ADVISE ON MY HANGAR 9 EXTRA 330S

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 07:21 PM
EXTRA ADDICT
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED SOME ADVISE ON MY HANGAR 9 EXTRA 330S

Hi guys I just finished putting my Extra back together after a massive crash last season [:@]! I maidened it yesterday and it flew great! I am running the GT-80 (I gutted the mufflers) Pro Zinger 24X10 prop Hitec 645mg all the way around except for throttle that is a JR DS811 it weighs 25 pounds even that is after modding the hatch that saved me 4 ounces. Plus I am running a lipo battery and Smartfly regulator. I have 2 questions I know I can save about a pound going to carbon landing gear and wing tube but will there be a noticeable difference in the way it flys now. Second when trying to hover the plane it eighther wanted to climb or sink I am wondering if a different prop would help this and what you guys reccomend. I know the Zinger is not the prop of choice unless you are mixing paint but it is all I had on hand. Thanks for any input guys!
Old 05-08-2005, 09:05 PM
3D ONdaEDGE

Default RE: NEED SOME ADVISE ON MY HANGAR 9 EXTRA 330S

I simply changed the landing gear and switched to lithium batteries on my Sukhoi and I could tell a little difference. I wasnt much of a difference, but it was there. I was using a regular Zinger 24x10 on mine. It hovered a little over half throttle. If yours hover at less than that, then the prop you have is fine. You might eventually try a Mejzlik or Bolly, but I cant imagine that it would make a difference.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:12 PM
EXTRA ADDICT
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: NEED SOME ADVISE ON MY HANGAR 9 EXTRA 330S

Well it was at about half throttle when I was trying to hover it ( the motor is still very new only about a gallon through it) but it has plenty of vertical. We put a scale on the tail wheel and it was showing almost 31 pounds of thrust so it is no rocket but it should get stronger. She is a glider on landings and show no snap tendencies at all.