Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

UCD 60- Horizontal Saito 100?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

UCD 60- Horizontal Saito 100?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Sewerdude
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UCD 60- Horizontal Saito 100?

I've got a UCD 60 that I plan on putting a Saito 100 in. I've read on here some of you not all have had alittle trouble with excess fuel and some idol problems. Barry suggested a loop in the fuel line, which sounds like it would work. But my question is , is it possible to mount the Saito horizontal on the UCD 60??? Seems like that line the tank and carb would line up better since the tank sits so high in the UCD. Just a idea and was wondering if it is all possible. If not I'll go with the loop in the fuel line. Lookin forward to getting this bird in the air! Thanks, JT
Old 06-01-2005, 06:25 PM
gjeffers

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: UCD 60- Horizontal Saito 100?

JT, you can also use an great planes easy fueler valve to reduce the backflow of fuel , you just have to be ready to fire it up as soon as you pull the line out, that is how i managed untill i bought my cline, and the engine will run great and idle great if adjusted right.i set my idle by firing it up and letting it run up to warm(a minute) and disconnect the glow if it struggles i turn the screw in a 1/8turn untill its smooth(i start at 1 turn out) you may start out a little more depending on your alt and temp but this works for me, then i set the high end by peak tuning max r's and back it down 300 r's, nice and smokey
Old 06-02-2005, 03:00 PM
marc 540
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JT,ON my UCD 60 I ran my Saito 100 inverted no problem. I did put a loop in my fuel line and ziptied it towards the top of the cowl area. this is one of those set it and forget it engines, once I broke in the engine, I set the needle and never touched it. You could run the engine sideways but VERY UGLY and not nessesary.The engine will run great inverted. marc
Old 06-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Sewerdude
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, Sounds like I'll go ahead and mount it inverted. Thanks for the replys all. Was thinking about trying the Uniflow tank set up just for the heck of it. But I'll put the loop in the fuel line and fly. Thanks, JT
Old 06-19-2005, 05:23 PM
cafusin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What type of loop in the fuel line are you talking about?
Does it really help in inverted engines? Please explain
Thanks
Old 06-19-2005, 05:43 PM
gjeffers

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

there talkin about your fuel line coming off the tank then going up above the tank into a loop and then back down to the spraybar nipple.this is to keep the carb from flooding, i personally never tried it because i have a cline regulator and never have those problems