Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Showtime

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Showtime

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 01:43 PM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Showtime

Ok sounds good , yea i allready glued my rear tubes on the stab i dont trust just bolting them on. I am just about done allready with this plane i just started yesterday. I think it will be a good flyer and i like the wing chord diameter on the plane to. Makes for a nice slow landing plane. Ok thanks for the info.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Patto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My stock tailwheel bracket is still going strong, with no problems. The main gear, however, has been broken off 3-4 times now, and eventually I'm going to have to re-build the whole LG area, I think. I have also installed three 1/4-20 nylon bolts to hold the main gear on so it shears the bolt heads off in a rough landing rather than tearing out the LG plate.

I am more daring with this plane than any of my other planes. This one has around 50 flights on it, so I'm getting more brave. My lowest hover with it so far was about 8 feet, but I'm going to keep trying to get lower.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:15 AM
p51delta

Hi, I finally got back to work on my ST. Aileron servos are mounted but now I need to know the distance (in mm if possible) from the servo arm screw middle to the last hole on the servo arm for all the recommended Alu. servo arms Aileron #HAN3574 , elev. #HAN3578 Rudder(tail mount.servo)#HAN 3578. They don't have any H9 3d servo arms at my LHS. so with you guys help I can find a proper replacement. Oh make sure the metric measurements are done with a ruler that represents the true measurement values. I've had rulers before where the Inch scale was correct but the ruler company just guesstimated or rounded off on the metric part and it was of course not very accurate for fine measurements.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-19-2007, 06:20 PM
p51delta

Doesn't anyone want to answer my question above??? Ok then 2 more questions, how many RPM's are you guys getting on the ys 110 with a 16x6 APC? Second question, where is your HS needle normally set to after finding peak RPM and then backindown a few 100? 1 1/2 turns, 2 turns open??? My ys fz .63 HS needle almost always wanted to be set to approx. 2 1/4 turns open.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Super D

The servo arm really depends on how much throw you want. Seem like I used Dubro 1.5 inch.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:52 PM
p51delta

That seems about the right size.( 1 1/2 " = ca.38mm) I was figuring ca. 35mm - 40mm. I assume the aileron servo arms are a little shorter than the rudder and Elev. arms.??? They have 2 different order #'s. Maybe 35mm arms for ail. & 40mm arms for EL. & Rud.???
Mike
Old 01-20-2007, 08:14 AM
raideron
My Feedback: (1)

Mike .. My 110 runs nice and wet at abit over 1&1/2.. I never really tach'ed my top
end, come to think of it I've never tach'ed any end on the YS.. Just ears.. Next time
out I'll have to see what I get...
Old 01-20-2007, 09:39 AM
p51delta

Wow the forum is still alive, I was starting to believe I'd never get answers to all my questions. Thanks. Raideron do you have the H9 alu servo arms? they have 2 diffferent order #/Ail. and Rud. what R the measurements from screw middle to last hole?
thanks
Old 01-20-2007, 11:42 AM
AirWizard
My Feedback: (3)

I used SWB 1.25 inch servo arms on mine.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:23 PM
isaacslaw
My Feedback: (4)

P51: My YS110 with APC 16X6 and pitts muffler turns around 9600-10,000 depending on the day and my tuning abilities. In this forum there is a thread called "YS Owner's Club" which has really great information on the 110. Also, if you ever need it, Dave Shadel is a YS Expert giving advice in the YS manufacturer's forum under the glow engine sections.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:30 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

I just got done setting my Showtime up. I found that my right stab off by about 2 degrees on the incidence meter and had to re-drill the little peg hole to move it up roughtly 1/8 of an inch. With that I could pivot the stab on it's mounting tube to correct the error. The left stab was dead on with the wing. Now to wait for SPRING!!!
Old 01-21-2007, 12:20 PM
raideron

Mike.. I have HS 5945's all around and a HS 85mg, I used I think it is Dubro H.D. long
arms the ones that come in a set.. It's about 1.5".. The inch arm that came with the servos
was not quite long enough to get all that I wanted. I just set the surface ends per the man.
centered the servo and connected the supplied hardware...... I never measured it.....
Old 01-21-2007, 11:56 PM
p51delta

Thanks for the input fellows
Old 01-28-2007, 07:29 AM
HoverLoW

Hi my friends.

I need some help with my Showtime's SFG.

In last weekend I lost my SFG's in flight. I need to purchase two more, but I don't know where to order.

I am living in Brazil and the Horizon Hobby don't ship nothing to here.

I need to know another shop what have this parts and can ship it to me in Brazil with international payment methods.

Somebody can help me??

Thank you very much!

Eduardo Dantas
Old 01-30-2007, 04:12 AM
hellblastervolly

Hoverlow.
The only thing I can think if for you to send the money for the SFG and the S/H by PayPal to a member of this forum that may be willing to do you the favor of buying it and sending it to you. Ask around if you don't find anyone to help you or other solution let me know Ill try to help you.

Fernando
Old 02-04-2007, 08:14 AM
HoverLoW

Hi hellblastervolly!!

This is a good idea! I don't have nobody to help me in this and you are my option !! Thanks for help!!!

My Showtime have a 160 FX in nose!!! Is a great combo with SFG. Without, the plane is dangerous, whit a strong snap tendence!!

But I found Advantage Hobby - https://www.advantagehobby.com/ - what can send the SFG´s to me!! I will try it, but if don't work, I will send a PM to you, ok??

Thank you very much!!!

Eduardo!

Old 02-04-2007, 02:45 PM
mikedsilva

Hi.
just got my showtime here in Aus and i must say this is the most impressive and comprehensive ARF i have seen so far.

My question is relating to the screws that act as control horns in the ailerons and elevators.
The instructions call you to put epoxy in the hole then "push" the screw in then clean up... on my plane, it seems that hardpoints have been installed where the screw locates in and it has to be threaded through. This provides a pretty tough control horn. Has my kit been upgraded? or should i back the screw out an inch, coat the underside with some epoxy and turn it in again.

mike
Old 02-05-2007, 03:05 AM
hellblastervolly

Hoverlow

No problem just let me know. I hope Advantage Hobby can help you if not PM me I'll help you since the forum is here to help each other. By the way My Showtime have a YS 110 and it balance with or with out them. Did you try to balance it side ways or square it because is strange that it dose snap with out the SFG. I know there are many here that had snaping problems with/without them. Maybe they can help you with a solution.

Mikedsilva

Wellcome to the club and yes I do belive is a very nice ARF. About the screws humm I have to check mine I can't remember how mine came. But if your have a hard block of something with a hole pre drill on it I think you can just srew it through and it will threaded if is already srew then no need. You can always put epoxy if you feel more secure with it but you may want to keep it lite.

Fernando
Old 02-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Drag

HI, MIKESILVA

Yes back it out an inch, and epoxy the top 1/2" of the screw and underside with some epoxy and turn it in again.

Drag
Old 02-26-2007, 09:35 PM
mikedsilva

did anyone else find the stab is a little loose in the pre-fitted tube?
i find that mine can rock around a little bit as the black metal tube is a loose fit in the fibreglass tube in the plane...
Old 02-27-2007, 09:48 AM
agexpert

I had to glue my stab tube and stab in place. I also have had the following CA hinge failures: Left elev half, Right elev half, Rudder.

All hinge failures came between the 6th and 12th gallon of glow fuel, and I got it back every-time with no damage,. Everything has been converted to Robart points now, except the ailerons.

I am on my 12th gallon of fuel in the ST now, and I really like this plane. I wore out the hub on one wheel and it separated from the plane on take-off Saturday. BTW, it has a very short roll-out with an axle dragging on landing. The very next flight, the rudder departed. This plane is controllable with any ONE tail surface disabled.

All fixed and ready for whenever Jury duty ends....Grrrrrrrr.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:29 PM
raideron

Hi mikedsilva...

On the control screws, I believe they all screw in, at least mine did, I did as you said, I
screwed them in most the way then added epoxy, tighten & cleaned off.. No problems to date
Lost count on flts, but it's many many many One thing... I did not use the pull/pull
but I wished I would have used the stud that goes with that instead of the screw on the
rudder, so that I could have attached the streeing springs to it, instead of the way its
shown... IMO way too much pressure if you install the springs as they say, but I did
and I stretched my springs so as to have the rudder move 1/4-1/2" before the wheel
starts to move, I used that setup until my T.W. bracket broke at the hole... So now I
use a sullivan tailwheel... I like it.... No pressure movement on the rudder/servo
On the stab. Mine was tight, so I used the screw on method, but after a few flights I
started getting some play... So the tube is epoxed to the fuse and it to the stab.. I also
epoxed the screws in [8D]... No problems so far... I did not go with the CA hinges, but
used the GP "pinned" hinges the ones that look like harley davidson emblems(I think [8D])
No problems, dang I must have at least 200 flts. with one fence incounter when my rudder
servo arm screw backed off the medal gear on a touch and go retry, retry and smack on
da fence[]... I was going with robarts, that I had bought for it, but did not like just one
barb "hanging on" But I've been told they work great that way... So have the GP ones..
I love these type of hinges(first for me).. disconnect the control rod and the surface falls
like greased lightening

Opps.. edit edit. In all references to epoxy... ..Change that to Gorilla glue.. I give it a [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 02-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Patto

I had a hinge failure in the right elevator, causing it to sit up vertical, hanging on by the control linkage. It made the plane nearly uncontrollable but I did get it back without further damage. I re-hinged with Robarts on both elevator halves and will be doing so on the rudder and ailerons in the future. That'll teach me to trust CA hinges in anything this big ever again!! I think the rule should be .40 size and smaller for those darn things!
Old 02-27-2007, 06:46 PM
blk96gt

I also had hinge failures on both elevator halves and the rudder. I put CA hinges back in, but I used a brand that I've never had trouble with.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:02 PM
JPal101
My Feedback: (32)

I am putting together my second showtime, the first has a battery failure. I noticed that the recommended CG is 7 7/16" back from the leading edge at the fuse. I dont remember how I set the first one up. To me it looks like it really should be around 5 1/2" back. I want to set it up for a neutral feel, I fly aerobatics, not 3D. What are you guys setting the CG at?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.