Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Showtime

Old 03-09-2007, 08:22 AM
raideron
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Showtime

hellblastervolly... Yeah it should work out... I used the "finger" balance method when I
first did mine, so my 6v was about as far back as I could get it(Frt of servos) I'd say she
was a bit tail heavy.. breath on the sticks and she'd jump,(30% low rates, 70%expo)
hands off invert she'd climb better than most trainers upright :-0.. She still came home
after 3 flts like that.... My thought's.... Ohh Sh_t this is not going to last long....[]

It was an UPS deal on the used Yak.... MMmm.. the 110 and a servo on the S.T. is from
that package too[8D]... I just love those prices... But it was sad at the start.... But I
learned to live with it
Old 03-14-2007, 05:51 AM
JPal101
My Feedback: (32)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, I tried to mount my YS110 with a Slimline pitts muffler with the stock mount and it does not fit. Did I read somewhere that it will fit if I use a Hyde mount? Probably would be better off with the Hyde anyway.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:42 AM
raideron

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

JPal101, When I was going with the stock mount and the slimline, I think I
needed about 1/4" more clearence on the bottom of the firewall.. Which using
the hyde mount *should* give you, then you just have to redo the cowl mounts..
It'll make for a smoother ride :-)
Old 03-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Eric.Henderson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I flew my first Showtime yesterday. I had put it together with an OS 1.08. The Rudder servo was in the back and the battery was at the rear of the top deck opening.

The first flight was a bit uncertain as far as tracking was concerend. I landed and moved the battery forward to the wing tube position and the result was immediate. This is a great plane to fly. I put her through the pattern paces that it clearly wanted to do. There is no doubt that this plane was already a capable 3-D plane. I did remove almost all of the expo from the rudder to get a tighter response.

All in all a great experience. The OS 1.08 was perfect in both handling and vertical performance. I had to give mine (the Showtime) to its rightful owner once I had finished testing it. You could say that I ran out of reasons/excuses to keep it in my transmitter :-)

The new owner was deligted with how well it flew. I can see him rapidly advancing his skills with this airplane.

Regards,

Eric.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78638.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	642381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79113.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	642382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc77884.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	642383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dw65158.jpg
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	642384   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa32482.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	642385   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ja42222.jpg
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	642386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Km98257.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	642387   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sr59488.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	642388  

Old 03-24-2007, 09:36 PM
JPal101

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just got finished assembling my ST. YS 110 for power. Strange thing though, when I tried to balance it right side up it was very nose heavy, turn it upside down and it was perfect this does seem strange to me. I usually balance all my planes upside down but I thought I would see if there is a difference. Anyone have any thoughts. I am using the Great plains balancer/
Old 03-25-2007, 10:24 AM
isaacslaw
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

JPAL:

I also attempted to use the GP CG machine with the showtime, but it was pretty difficult for me to get an accurate reading because the CG is at the very end of the range with the rulers. I had a much better time taking the rulers off of the machine and using them to measure to the recommended point -- then just using my fingers. It pays to spend some time with this plane getting the cg right -- if you go too far in either direction the showtime does not fly as well.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:31 PM
raideron

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

JPal101.... I used the GP balancer with the plane inverted @ the recommended
and all placement was as stated above.... Never checked with the GP upright..

But [8D]... Before borrowing the balancer, I did mark the CG at the fuse/wing
and lined it out and used the "fingers/ply" at the wing tips on my pre first flight
setup, upright... Hence me putting my 6v battery just in Frt. of the tail servos....
Yep... very tail heavy.... Not sure if it was because of the"Fingers" at the wing tips
or the upright plane..... But I'm sticking to my story

Good job Eric
Old 03-25-2007, 09:24 PM
JPal101

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks guys, I have always balanced my planes upside down. I think I will stick with that, this is no time for experimentation.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:26 PM
paul64

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm having a problem keeping the rear stab. up tight to the fuselage. Had them tight to the fuselage when i drilled and tapped the holes in the tube, but after a couple of flights i get a little bit of back and forth play in them. I'm concerned that after an extended period of back and forth play, the holes in the fuselage will start to elongate. Anyone got any tips as to how to get the stabs tight and keep them tight??
Old 03-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Ron Kinsey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

EPOXY!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:33 PM
paul64

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks for the suggestion...but epoxy is deff something i didn't want to do. If the stabs ever got damaged and needed to be replaced, i don't want to have them epoxied to the fuselage.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:26 PM
blk96gt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My stab has a decent amount of play, but I have just kept flying it. Hasn't caused me any problems for 50+ flights.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:13 PM
go vertical

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I glued mine on . If I have a crash I garinte just replaceing a stab will be the least of my damage
Old 03-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Ron Kinsey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree. The stab is usually the only thing left untouched on my wreaks. That's why I glued mine...
Old 03-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Does the show time have a carbon wing tube, and if so what size is it. I am looking for a 22 mm wing tube.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:03 AM
Patto

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Showtime has an aluminum wing tube, not sure of the measurements...
Old 03-29-2007, 07:32 PM
paul64

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the tips guys. Maybe i'll just leave it be for now.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:17 AM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok guys i need some advice. I am getting ready to balance the showtime, running a Ys 110 with a 2100 metal 5 cell receiver pack. I just need to know after reading some previous posts most of you folks are checking balance with the plane inverted . Need to know what is the best cg for general flying . Going to do mostly pattern type flying. Thanks
Old 04-09-2007, 07:18 AM
isaacslaw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My batteries went on tied to the wingtube. I have noticed a big difference in the way the showtime flies with cg adjustments. I have a regulator and 2-cell lithium. With a forward cg, the showtime lands much easier (for me). It will not flat spin very well like that, though, and 3-d type maneuvers (hovering) are much more challenging. With a rearward CG, the 3-d stuff is much easier, but landing becomes a bit tricky (for me). On approach you have to keep airspeed up or the tail wants to drop -- I usually come in with about 3 clicks of throttle and give a slight touch of down elevator.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Gutaaaooo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A while back I saw a link for a f3a setup showtime around here, but now I´m looking everywhere, and can~t find it. Can anyone please help me out??? Tks!
Old 04-23-2007, 12:49 PM
isaacslaw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Try this thread -- pretty good [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3329224/mpage_1/key_showtime/tm.htm]Showtime Pattern Thread[/link]
Old 04-23-2007, 02:45 PM
nsoward

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just finished my Showtime 90. Installed OS 120 AX in it. On the third flight the left wing ripped off. Looks like the fuselage failed at the wing bolt. I was flying at about half thottle straight and level. The engine was running rich as I was still breaking it in. Damn expensive 3 flights.

Gave Horizon a call their comment was: engine is to big sorry

[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Nathan
Old 04-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Gutaaaooo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tks isaacslaw, that was the one.

sorry to hear about you loss nsoward, i just set mine up with a 120ax too, hope it dosen't hapen to me. I used the futaba 3050 on elevators and ailerons for $ reasons, but now find that they have a pretty significant play... can anyone coment on that??? I'm pretty new to the hobby, other then my trainer only have a venus 40 and a sig wonder with a .25 engine that really fly's FAST. Anyway, I'm a bit woryed about the play... in the ruder I have a s9155. Tks!
Old 04-23-2007, 09:18 PM
HoverLoW

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Nsoward, sorry for your lost. This is a bad bad luck.

I have a Showtime with an O.S 160 FX flying hard for a year now. It's a great combo. It's the better plane I had in my life.

Your engine is not too big. Your plane came with factory problems and Horizon needs to give you another one.

I love the planes of Hangar 9, but I have a complain to do. They take much serious the relation of the manufactures to sell your products. I mean, Hangar 9 + Saito/Evo + JR. They don't give us options to choice our combination.

I purchased a Funtana X 100 now and this plane have the same problem of Showtime and the others plane of H9. The engine mount is not ajustable and the firewall is pre-drilled. You only can fit a Saito 100 or an Evo 100 in this planes.

BUT EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT A SAITO 100 OR AN EVO 100 IS NOT ENOUGH ENGINE TO PUT THIS PLANE IN YOURS HOMES: THE 3D FLY.

So, if you buy this planes to do what they are designed for, you have do modify hard the firewall (risking to ruin your plane), put a bigger engine and lost the warrant.

I think this is a disrespect with the costumers. This is a expensive hobby and I don't have money to and patience to ruin my planes (a 3d plane without a good engine is losted like a plane with the firewall ruined).

I know they want to sell your products, but they can't to compel us to buy a Saito 100 to put in a Showtime or Funtana.

Great Planes works with O.S. engines. Everybody knows they are the biggers manufactures in this hobby (Great Planes, O.S., Futaba and Tower Hobbies). They mention each other your manuals, but Great Planes, for exemple, provide your planes with ajustable mounts.

You can install a Saito 82 or 91 in an U-CAN-DO 40.

Well, this is my complain. I hope you all can understand me. I am brazilian and my english is a problem..
Old 04-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Gutaaaooo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: HoverLoW

Well, this is my complain. I hope you all can understand me. I am brazilian and my english is a problem..
Hey man! It seams that there are many of us around here!!! Bons vôos!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.