Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 275 of 280 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,875 of 6989

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Great planes ultimate 160

Very nice job Gordon. I know that you will enjoy this plane.
    If you have to bend over more than once, it wasn't a good landing....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have one with a 50cc on it flys great I havent flown it in about two years been fling 100cc extra 300 but seeing your plane i think its time to break out and fly again the plane just flys so great its a shame to just let it sit Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am putting a new DLE 55RA on this plane and wanting to use a Vess Prop. Question is what Size and pitch should I go with? Any input would be appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Break in prop Vess 22/8-10, Vess 23/10 after break in.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you Sir

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So Far I am setting up my Ultimate with
    2) 3200mah life batteries
    Wike R/c IBEC w/ optical kill for ignition
    Spectrum 9ch Powersafe reciever and failsafe switch
    Savox servos 0251 on Ailerons and Elevators, 0254 on throttle and 1256tg on rudder
    DLE 55 RA engine
    Vess 22A prop
    Carbon Fiber Spinner
    Dubro Flat pinned hinges all surfaces
    Carbon fiber rod over 4-40 for all contol rods with ball links
    Hangar 9 rubber tires

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the DLE 55 in mine with a 23-8 prop.  And in has unlimited vertical.
    Robert
    Cub Brotherhood #3\\ Ryan STA Brotherhood #4
    Corsair Brotherhood #56\\ Waco Brotherhood #184

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: acerc

I have the DLE 55 in mine with a 23-8 prop.Ā*Ā*And in has unlimited vertical.

Same with me, dle55 and Xoar 23x8 prop. Awesome plane. I never tire of flying it!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a DA 50r for mine... But I do have a new DLE 55 sitting too.  Maybe I should make a change in my plans before I get to my project for this winter?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Almost ready, just need to set the throws and give it a good once over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki19377.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	1828323   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dy78347.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	1828324   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ag91271.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	1828325   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ke92285.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	1828326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lx21618.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	1828327  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok Matt! You gotta get rid of that baby and put in a doll. LOL
    You like flyin on the edge of your seat? You will love this plane.
    Robert

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: acerc

I have the DLE 55 in mine with a 23-8 prop.And in has unlimited vertical.
    DLE 55 is very strong, pulls mine vertical out of sightat about the same speed as flying level wide open, good combination motor/planefor sure....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All finished. Throws set to the book, batteries charged. If all goes well I will run the engine and get her tuned tomorrow. If that goes well I may put her up in the air.

Name:	Om32090.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	1830064   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cy77697.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	1830065  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I must say that is the best running engine I have ever had to set up. 1/16 turn richer on low and 1/8 turn richer on high and it transitioned perfectly spun the 22A at 7550 (peak was 7650 richened it till it went down 100 RPM) no burble at all.
    I started on low rates thank God, plane was a little tail heavy. I originally checked the balance at 1" in front of rear cabane hole (wings off) but after a real squirrly flight I did the wings on check and at 6 3/8 (book ideal point) it was extremely tail heavy. All I can think of is the servos I used on the ailerons may be heavier than normal (Savox 0251 220 oz of torque). For now Iam going to add 8oz on top of the engine posts. I checked the batteries and after over an hour of on time with ignition and a 10 minute flight it only used 302mah and I have 2 X 3200 life packs. I think I will order 2 X 2500 life packs which should lower my tail weight and allow me to remove the 8 oz on top of the engine stands. The plane AUW before the 8 oz came in at 14lbs 15 oz and now weighs 15 lbs 7 oz which is still not bad I guess.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What engine are you using again?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The new DLE 55RA .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got a new digital scale that is supposed to be very accurate and re weighed my plane. It is 16lb 3oz so I am definately going to get a couple smaller packs and then lose the 8 oz on the nose. Should come in around 15lb 8 oz after the changes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My kit which I bought last September is still waiting in the box in my garage. I have to finish my H9 Ultra Stick 60 + DLE20 before I start building the Ultimate, probably with a DLE55.

Thanks for this great thread.

Agust
    Agust

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Fl_Matt

I must say that is the best running engine I have ever had to set up. 1/16 turn richer on low and 1/8 turn richer on high and it transitioned perfectly spun the 22A at 7550 (peak was 7650 richened it till it went down 100 RPM) no burble at all.
    I started on low rates thank God, plane was a little tail heavy. I originally checked the balance at 1'' in front of rear cabane hole (wings off) but after a real squirrly flight I did the wings on check and at 6 3/8 (book ideal point) it was extremely tail heavy. All I can think of is the servos I used on the ailerons may be heavier than normal (Savox 0251 220 oz of torque). For now IĀ*am going to add 8oz on top of the engine posts. I checked the batteries and after over an hour of on time with ignition and a 10 minute flight it only used 302mah and I have 2 X 3200 life packs. I think I will order 2 X 2500 life packs which should lower my tail weight and allow me to remove the 8 oz on top of the engine stands. The plane AUW before the 8 oz came in at 14lbs 15 oz and now weighs 15 lbs 7 oz which is still not bad I guess.

That is a lot of servo torque for your ailerons! The airlerons are actually smaller than what is on a UCD 46. But your servo weight is about 2 oz so I do not think that is the problem. Mine weigh about the same.

I suspect your squirrly flight is not because it is tail heavy, especially since you have 8 oz in the nose and large batteries. I actually put my 5 cell NiMH (1700maH) pack in the fuse behind the wing to get it more tail heavy for 3D flying, plus I even added weight in the tail. I am running a DA-50r. I would check my trim, even have someone trim it up during flight. Also make sure your wings are tight and properly bolted. Double check this. I have my rates set very high - I even re-hinged my ailerons for more throw to limit the Torque roll during hover. I used all stock hardware. I presume you used the tail support wires and they are tight. Another thing, this plane can fly pretty slow without stalling, no need to race it around, though it can do that too.

This is one of the best flying planes I have ever owned.

Good Luck!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The squirrly flight was before the 8 oz on the front . The next thing was it balanced perfect with the wings off method but after the touchy flight I checked it with the wings on method (per manual) and the tail would drop like a stone. I trimed it out on the touchy flight, if you trimmed it for level flight at half throttle then rolled inverted it would climb at a good clip.
    ORIGINAL: Uncas

ORIGINAL: Fl_Matt

I started on low rates thank God, plane was a little tail heavy. I originally checked the balance at 1'' in front of rear cabane hole (wings off) but after a real squirrly flight I did the wings on check and at 6 3/8 (book ideal point) it was extremely tail heavy. All I can think of is the servos I used on the ailerons may be heavier than normal (Savox 0251 220 oz of torque). For now Iam going to add 8oz on top of the engine posts. I checked the batteries and after over an hour of on time with ignition and a 10 minute flight it only used 302mah and I have 2 X 3200 life packs. I think I will order 2 X 2500 life packs which should lower my tail weight and allow me to remove the 8 oz on top of the engine stands. The plane AUW before the 8 oz came in at 14lbs 15 oz and now weighs 15 lbs 7 oz which is still not bad I guess.

That is a lot of servo torque for your ailerons! The airlerons are actually smaller than what is on a UCD 46. But your servo weight is about 2 oz so I do not think that is the problem. Mine weigh about the same.

I suspect your squirrly flight is not because it is tail heavy, especially since you have 8 oz in the nose and large batteries. I actually put my 5 cell NiMH (1700maH) pack in the fuse behind the wing to get it more tail heavy for 3D flying, plus I even added weight in the tail. I am running a DA-50r. I would check my trim, even have someone trim it up during flight. Also make sure your wings are tight and properly bolted. Double check this. I have my rates set very high - I even re-hinged my ailerons for more throw to limit the Torque roll during hover. I used all stock hardware. I presume you used the tail support wires and they are tight. Another thing, this plane can fly pretty slow without stalling, no need to race it around, though it can do that too.

This is one of the best flying planes I have ever owned.

Good Luck!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I had the Ultimate set up and flying like a dream and then an .46 size Escapade flew through my left wing panels sending the Ulti to her death. I will say the gorilla glue held great for the hinges and wing joiner and will use it again with no reservations. 5 flights was not enough with this great plane.

Name:	Ki20701.jpg 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	1848103   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bw72295.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	1848104   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tz67189.jpg 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	1848105  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I feel your pain. I lost my first one due to a faulty servo cutting everything on and off. But liked the few flights so well I got one 3 days later via UPS. A real sweet plane.
       Sorry for your loss!
    Robert

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry to hear that about your Ulti FI_Matt, hope your gear and motor came thru unscathed! Your next Ulti will go together quickly after already doing the the first build, good luck................Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am missing 1 servo and 1 servo the wires are shredded, carbon fiber spinner done, the IBEC is done, the ignition and muffler are garbage but the engine itself looks perfect. I will need to check the crank for runout to know for sure. All the other servos and recievers are perfect as well as the batteries. There was about a 8" section of both top and bottom wing that were turned to toothpics and just happened to be where the aileron servos were.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you need to get your, Ultimate, fix while your waiting, come over to my club. I'll let ya fly mine.
    Robert