Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

The New Improved Adrenalin!!

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

The New Improved Adrenalin!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 12:40 PM
nickbooth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The New Improved Adrenalin!!

All

I hope I have not come across incorrectly here but it really isn't down to price, its down to principle. If the cost of models bothered me that much I would have given up a long time ago, probably just after I shredded my first plane through a barbed wire fence.

Thanks for the offer Dave, not wanting to sound snooty but I either build my planes or buy them new. I know you are a good flyer and am sure it would have been kept well but I like to know my plane. I am sure you will understand, If you buy a plane new you have a different feeling and respect about it.

Thanks again though, I am sure there are pleny of other people who don't have such hang ups and will bite your arm off for it .

Nick
Old 09-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Nickolas

Interesting thread even not directly related to the new Adrenaline characteristics etc. It would be nice if Boys are back could you give us a brief flight report.

Ali, I recently ordered a model from your shop, excellent service and very fast delivery to my country. The model I ordered is an Adrenaline direct competitor made by a well reputed American company and has been designed by another super star.You probably know what I'm talking about, this model is priced 40GBP less than the Adrenaline. I'm wondering how a potential buyer will be convinced to buy the Adrenaline with this price gap.

Has YT International encountered competion at all? I'm just curious as a probable future Adrenaline buyer.

Bst Rgrds,

Nick
Old 09-14-2005, 01:03 PM
The boys Back

Nickolas,

The adrenalin fly’s just like the original except that it is cleaner on rudder and holds high alpha knife edge better.

when I go flying on a weekend I take 5 or six planes with me (some cost in excess of £10000.00) but I always take my Adrenaline and I always fly it more than any other plane I take.

Dave
Old 09-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Nikolas,
Thankyou very much for your order, and I am glad it got to you ok and quickly (Parcel force are sometimes hit and miss to Europe)
I know exactly the model you are talking about and the same thought went through my mind when I saw the retail price. All I can say is that I have seen a few fly and spoken to some people whom I trust their opinion and they are not totaly happy with this model. It seems to be stuck between a 3d and pattern plane, and no matter how hard I try I just cant get used to the wing mounted Pitta Breads
Old 09-14-2005, 02:33 PM
born.to.fly75

Hi Ali,

Only Me ........The straight talking BORN TO FLY.
Is the new Adrenalin going to be available through all model shops that stock YT or just from Als Hobbies and YT International direct.

Cheers

Love you loads !!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Yt and Als hobbies as far as I am aware. Unless Yt have any other ideas?
Old 09-14-2005, 02:49 PM
born.to.fly75

Any chance of a 10% discount for a poor NHS worker.
I promise i won't tell anyone else who reads this.
It will be between you and me only.

Cheers

BORN TO FLY
Old 09-14-2005, 06:14 PM
YT International

OK... just a little explanation of who I am. My name is Symon Dingley and I have been a close friend of Wilson for over 10 years. I have been involved with YT International from the companies inception, mainly to help a good friend out. I work alongside Wilson as well as running my own shop, because of this I am not an employee of YT but a freelance designer for him. In essence you are talking to Wilson when talking to me. We try to avoid involvement in forums, often our customers or flyer's answer any questions before we have to. This doesn't mean we are unavailable, and will gladly discuss any issues with our clients, but this post has now become personal.

Now, firstly the email reply accusation. I personally reply to all emails twice a week from Wilson office, in fact I'm there now (our website clearly states that all emails will take up to 10 days for a response and if a faster response is needed then please call). The email that Nicholas Booth sent was received late on Monday 12th, by my calculation only 2 days ago. I see no point in replying to this email as this post should answer all his questions.

Now to the bigger question. Firstly I would like to thank Ali and Dave for trying to answer any questions asked. What few people seem to realise is that YT International design, test, alter, re-test, then again if necessary. At the same time we design the box labels and instructions for many of our models. People have asked before !QUOT!why are your models available elsewhere in the world when you yourselves have designed them!QUOT!. The simple answer is that we will not sell a product until we are totally happy with its quality, and if any problems are encountered after release we are quick to respond and alter the offending part. Now you may ask what bearing all this has on cost, well every new prototype we have, and we are talking sometimes 3 or more per design, are all air freighted to us at a huge cost to ourselves. Additionally I myself being a freelance designer for Wilson charge a fee for model, box, colour scheme design etc. We use other people for instructions and outwork which includes prototype testing, a lot of which is chargeable. If you look at most of the worlds distributors websites you will notice our videos, once again some of the more professional ones incur additional expense. Finally we support several events, forums and show flyer's, all free of charge.

Anybody that knows Wilson will realise he is an extremely conscientious chap. This to me is very evident in his business manner. He personally checks all his models before he ships them out, quite often adding strengthening pieces and extra glue. Additionally he will source many of the supplied graphics in his kits and include them at no extra cost ( a prime example being the checkers on the P-47, sold elsewhere for $40). Another example involves the model in question. After several complaints about the covering he now offers the Adrenaline with Profilm covering, which as I am aware is not offered anywhere else in the world.

I hope all this goes some way to show the extra costs we have compared to some of the other suppliers. Now, put yourself in our position. You have put your heart and soul into a model you believe to be the best available in its price range only to have the same item discounted for whatever reason elsewhere. Do you write off all the hard work involved in developing such a product just to make a small profit? We have a lot invested in the Adrenaline, and any profit is sucked up into new designs and updates. Neither me or Wilson are driving around in new cars, and with the current trend for buying abroad we never will.

We have a very special relationship with our factories and try our hardest to help them out, but we are only a small concern compared to others. We have spent the last 2 years expanding their range and ours. This entails many long phone calls to China along with several visits. This is in no way meant as a dig at any of the other distributors, many of whom we know through email. If you would care to look at the other kits available worldwide you will see many are of comparable price. Therefore it would suggest that they are clearing slow moving stock as we do ourselves (anybody buy the cubs at the shows). The Adrenaline isn't as successful in other countries as it is here. We always try to put !QUOT!Designed in Great Britain!QUOT! on our box labels, this I know is disliked by some of the distributors, perhaps this has some bearing?

Finally !QUOT!why does Ali have the sole distribution for this model in the UK?!QUOT! Simply because we have passed the workload for this model onto him. Wilson has the greatest respect for Ali, Ali Senior in particular as he had offered Wilson a great deal of help during his early years. He didn't have to offer his advise as he did, and I know Wilson has been eager to return the favour. Now, this isn't some special arrangement to fix pricing but an agreement between 2 friends, helping YT International to free up time for other projects.

I don't intend to get involved with this discussion any further, and hope this has answered all the questions posed. I am getting paid to design a new model this evening, instead of which I have had to reply to this unnecessary posting instead.

Myself and Wilson would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people involved in testing and development, without whom we couldn't offer such a high quality range of kits.

Sym.
Chief Designer YT International
Old 09-15-2005, 03:58 AM
Dan G

mmm feeling a little hot in here, hope that's that over with, 250 quid looks damn good to me for something that looks that good and fly's like you know it will. Take your big fat IT wage and get it bought that's what I say, think yourself lucky. While we are on it I think Ian might have been a bit hard done to here, he did only comment on the fact that the lines on the tail don't really match up to the rest of the planes looks, I don't think I would let that put me off though. WANT ONE but then again I want one of everything
Old 09-15-2005, 04:07 AM
Dan G

Oh and by the way Dave if that prototype is still looking for a retirement home they say it's very nice in the Highlands
Old 09-15-2005, 08:20 AM
nickbooth

I am actually getting fed up with my own voice here but want to say this was never personal, I am unable to confirm the date of sending the email to you but seemingly live in a world that treats email not as a form of direct communictaion to customers/suppliers but with the lethargy of an old aunt that wants you to dig her garden. This is by no means a slant on Symon nor YT, or anyone else that wants to take an offence to this comment.
The internet (and email) is a wonderful tool that is under utilised by many, unfortunately for me it is a key tool for my job, and I take this attitude with me when dealing with suppliers. If personally feel that no reply of any sort within 24 hours acts as a disuader in delaing with them. I know I am not the only person who feels like this.
I would also like to say that the big fat IT wage is not so big nor fat, that bubble was burst some years ago, neither am I tight with money as my friends would also tell you.
the comments have been brought about by the browsing of the internet to see pretty much the same advertising pictures from 3 different sites in 3 different countries. The rest of the story you can read above. The key picture in question does not look like the plane was being shown in a korean factory or any where else, in fact they all look identical ad decidely english/westeren ( sorry for the collation of the world into western and UK) take a look at the picture and see for yourselves.
If these models are different then maybe different pictures should be shown. To me the world is simple, advertise a product with an identical picture then it should be the same, if not it is false advertising or one company should be talking to another company about copyrights.

Finally

I have not intended nor made this personal in any way, if you feel I have done so then please take care to read my words carefully, this thread I hope only ever asked the questions that I am allowed to express here and anywhere.
Thanks for the responses all

Old 09-15-2005, 08:35 AM
sonicboom

Im a little lost by the way this thread has gone. Just an opinion from Australia. The Arenaline has become not my most expensive, nor my best looking model but it is the model that comes to the field every time I go out. It has its flaws but at the price it is sold you can hardly complain. What do you want for a dollar? I cant wait until I get another version with even better characteristics. The way this thing flys out of the box is truly awsome and thanks must go to the flight testing procedures and design. It has to cost something and I will pay!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Dan G

No offence taken by the way Nick, actually it was quite interesting, though I think it is more of a gripe about the way that we seem to get screwed by the people that run this country all the time. It's not just the model trade just take a look at petrol prices or the price us poor smokers pay for our baccy, I'm all for getting my hands on some duty free if I can but it's the poor retailers that pay the price for that not the government as they would have you believe. I was expecting a responce to the big fat IT wage, no offence meant just a well known fact, still wouldn't mind being a pound behind you though at the minute. Again no offence meant just I'm bloody skint at the minute[]

I'm off to fly my cheap and nasty Banchee now, and damn I'm gona enjoy it
Old 09-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Shahid

Rip some alierons
Old 09-15-2005, 09:37 AM
nickbooth

If its any consolation, at least you have the chance to go and fly anythign right now, I have worked the past 3 weekends as well as the last 3 weeks of workdays (every day basically) this weekend is the first chance I am going to get to fly and they are giving rain

Maybe I need to find a forum when Mr Blair contributes so I can get his response to how he is upsetting the R C Aircraft world....... Now if only he wanted an Adrenaline he would be easy to chase down ........

Nick
Old 09-15-2005, 10:21 AM
kinverflyer

When you email Mr Blair I hope he replies within 24 hours otherwise he will be in your bad books and don't forget to keep a copy of the email so you know when you sent it.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:35 AM
kinverflyer

For those of you who are unaware of who YT are and what they do.

YT International is one of the very few if not the only model aircraft company in the UK that designs aircraft for a world wide market. YT International has very quickly become a company that is recognized for providing a quality product and service with an after sales service that is second to none. This all costs money. I for one would rather pay a little bit extra knowing that I was getting a quality product with an excellent after sales service. And in the event of something going wrong help and spare parts are only a phone call away.

Back to the new Adrenaline 120 I had a glimpse of it at the Nationals, I like I want. I look forward to some test flight reports and maybe a video.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:41 PM
nickbooth

lol

Just so you know kinver I was actually at work when I replied so didn't have access to my personal email.

Thanks for your pearls of wisdom though.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:33 PM
born.to.fly75

I am starting to see a trend in these posts.......I do beleive that most of the people that are posting good things about the price of the Adrenalin (£250 in ENGLAND) all appear to work for YT, Als Hobbies or are part of a funny hand shake group ( similar to the MASONS).

I think NICK and I are the only ones who believe it is wrong to get charged more in this country than in AUSTRALIA and USA.

NEVERMIND

Old 09-15-2005, 02:38 PM
nickbooth

Glad I am not the only one here prepared to say so.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Shahid

One has to bear in mind however, that we are ripped off by HM Import tax.

Just a thought, don't kill me [&:]
Old 09-15-2005, 03:00 PM
nickbooth

We are ripped off with many things in this country, trouble is if we all stand in line with a big wad of cash and never say anything; this way no one ever thinks anything is wrong yet they all grumble under their breath ( this is general now not aimed at anyone ). Its by standing up and being counted that gives you the right to actually feel agreived by the situation.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Shahid

I wonder why it is so here, other places seem to manage fine with not so high import tax. Then again, they may have a more stable economy or something.

Don't want to delve too deep into economics, I don't like it.

Putting things into comparison against one another, this Adrenlin here is cheaper than the EF yak 68" which is £280 but more expensive than the H9 Funtana £205 or the Showtime 90,which is £210. So its around mid range in price.

Eevn if I paid £1000 for the Adrenlin (sounds silly but give inflation another 50 years, though by that time we will all be using electric or hydrogen engines), the inital cost of any rc plane, however expensive can be, for want of a better word, diluted depending on what length of time you do not crash it. Of course it doesn't change the price but If I flew a plane for 200 flights, I'd be pretty happy for my money because I got my pennies worth. Rather than decking it a few seconds into the first flight (Yes I have done this also).

Shahid
Old 09-16-2005, 03:15 AM
Dan G

Born to fly, I'm not saying I like being charged more for stuff than ossies or americans I just don't see this as an expensive plane. When you consider that it has been designed by a BRITISH flier most BRITISH model fliers admire who happens to be a friend of mr YT and owns a chain of model shops. Will have had the crap flown out of it by Dave another awesome BRITISH pilot who also happens to be in the circle of friends (note, not "funny hand shake group" you round door handle), you start to get an idea of the amount of passion that has gone onto something like this. You only need to go to one of the shows that these people regularly attend to see how this group of friends operate, all done in a very professional manner but the thing to note is that although these guys do this week in week out you just get the impression that they do it for the love of it just the same as you and I. Now I can see what can comes of things when friends work together and if it costs me £250 to get just a piece of the action to take with me and integrate it into what I can do with my group of friends then that's what I will do. Get with it, that's the plane that's the price if you don't like it don't buy it no one is going to make you and I'm sure you can have fun with what ever you do buy. Hope you have gathered that I'm not a member of the funny hand shake group though you do strike me as the type, I wish you all the luck in your lonely existence if this is how you view every group of friends.

AWW got to stop doing this[:@]

Please tell me there's a vid about to be posted of something so we can get back on track and leave all this nonsense behind
Old 09-16-2005, 05:12 AM
Luke 3D returns

Yep lets have a vid!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.