Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

How to fly your profile! (VIDEO!!)

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

How to fly your profile! (VIDEO!!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 07:10 AM
Spacey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to fly your profile! (VIDEO!!)

I thought this could belong here as well since it's 3D related and not only in the profile forum. Here is a little video I made having fun with my OMP 47" Yak-54 profile with a OS .50SX and tower muffler on it. I'm no pro at 3D but I can say for sure I love this plane and what I'm doing with it. Now I think this proves that the planks can do their thing pretty well! What you guys reckon?

Thanks to OMP for such a great plane and for helping with the hosting of the video!

Please right click and save as? (11.6MB)
[link=http://www.flybuder.com/aeroflyvids/spaceynewyak.wmv]THE VIDEO[/link]

Please provide feedback! I got alot to learn!
Old 09-15-2005, 01:42 AM
Spacey

Default RE: How to fly your profile! (VIDEO!!)

Alright so I changed the title of the thread from "Can profiles 3D?" as I realised it might make some folks skip the thread and not be able to provide the feedback I am looking for. I could really use some advice on my rolling harriers so I hope someone spots this. As can be seen in the video the rudder drag during the second circuit of the roller was not really intentional.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Dan G

AAW come on boy's give it a look. I had a look over on the profile thread, it's good
Old 09-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Shovel-Head
My Feedback: (1)

It looks like your a damn good pilot. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Fletch124
My Feedback: (7)

Awesome man! Its nice to see a 3D video finally that isn't just 5:00 minutes of take off, fly pattern once, hover for 2mins., pull out and go around the pattern then go up and do rolls and a snap or so then hammerhead over and come back down, harrier and hover for another 2mins. Your rolling circles are pretty good.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Dragonslain

I cant see the video A page opens up full of unreadable sings (????) Or is it like in The Matrix, where they see a bunch of green characters on the monitor and translate it into a fight? []
Old 09-16-2005, 01:48 AM
Spacey

danragreen: Thanks for the support buddy! Much appreciated

Shovel-Head: Thanks! I only have AFPD and "Not being able to sleep" nights to blame. Hahah!

Fletch124: Thanks! I tried to cover the whole flight envelope of the plane to show what it can do it even a South African's hands..LOL..Afterwards I realised I missed a couple of manuvers like knife edge loops and so on but yea too bad. We all know it can do them well so it doesn't really matter. That video show how I typically like to fly a demo where you start out boring'ish and work your way up to the fun stuff to keep everyone's attention. I was given a tip by a mate that this setup doesn't work for video's too well so next time I'll try something different. I think I am nearly ready to start piecing the puzzles together and start practising a little freestyle so maybe the next video can be something like that. It will take a couple of years before we can put something decent on film though.

Dragonslain: You got me? Very odd indeed it still works for me. Maybe someone a little more puter wise can help out? Try it again though, who knows maybe the server was down for a couple of seconds or something. Right click and save as it though and then play it. Maybe a codec or something is the culprit?