Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Dave patric Extra 330L Enigin???

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Dave patric Extra 330L Enigin???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 06:12 PM
kloss08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dave patric Extra 330L Enigin???

Ihavepicked upa dave patric modles extra 330l at a local flea market. Iwas wondering what size Gasoline engine would be good on this plane. Iwas thinking a dle 55 is this to much?? The dle with muffler and ignition weighs about 3.3625 lbs. any help would be appricated thanks.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:20 PM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Dave patric Extra 330L Enigin???

I think that those plan's where dsigned with Moki's and big achool /nitro motors in mind

I don't think it will handle a DLE55 vary well i rember a guy at our local field spliting a wing tube witha DA 50

but to each there own .... for my recommnadaion I'd like at a ZDZ40 or something really light a DLE 30 with a pipe " i dont think it has a exhust tunnel does it " ? that might wor

that's my two cents good luck

P.S don't look at the F3A pattern plane verson of the ZDZ 40 i think it's tuned for apipe and higher revs
Old 03-19-2012, 06:22 PM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

here this guy's review

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_65694/tm.htm

nice bit of infomation there look's lke a BME would rock that plane ( i think he use's a differnt motor)

BME i think are beam mount ? and i know they are vary light I'm not sure but i think they hare high vibration in comparison to the competition as well I know they run strong also...

hope this help's
Old 03-19-2012, 06:27 PM
kloss08

From what I have read about this modle they had a problem with being extreamly tail heavy the Dle is actully lighter than just about every 40cc class out there.???But Ihave No idea I am no airplane gurou, Iam a heli nut.. With the big glo stuff guys had to add weight and billy reg to achieve proper cg. And no there is no exhaust tunnel. These planes usually come out in the 15lb range when ready to fly so Iwant some engine that has unlimited vertical but wont cause speed consistancy problems..

Old 03-19-2012, 07:25 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

i flew mine with a brison 3.2 (52.5cc) i loved it