Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Progaming Mixing?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Progaming Mixing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Mr.Extra 260
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Progaming Mixing?

How do I mix aileron and elavator on twos channel each for my extra 260? On elevator I have it mixxed so they both go on elevator control but when I do throttle one of them goes up? Same on the ailerons. How can I fix this? I have the 7cap futaba radio. Can some one give me instructions?
Old 02-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Walt and Sage

Default RE: Progaming Mixing?

ORIGINAL: mikmaxx

How do I mix aileron and elavator on twos channel each for my extra 260? On elevator I have it mixxed so they both go on elevator control but when I do throttle one of them goes up? Same on the ailerons. How can I fix this? I have the 7cap futaba radio. Can some one give me instructions?

Futaba use receiver 2 and 6 for the ailerons then program in flaperons..
Next prograam in Elevator Flap mixing...

Good Luck and Good Flying...

Old 02-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Mr.Extra 260

Thanks for the help but I need alot more indepth anser. I tried to put it on 2 and six but it still had elevator imput. I need instructions like go to what menu click what what channel ever ting has to be on. I gives me none of this info on my manuel.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:31 PM
mikeboyd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like the man said, you can use flaperon, by the book for Channels 1 and 6, then slave 7 to channel 2 using one of your custom mixes for your elevators. I usually use channel 2 for the right elevator and 7 for the left elevator. This is a good way of doing it, since you can match both elevator halves using subtrim and ATV.

the other problem you may be talking about is the preassignments that Futaba puts into auxilary assignments. You need to access your auxillary functions and change all of them to NULL. You need to get in the habit of doing this every time you start to program a new model. Futaba has had a bad habit of preassigning auxilary functions to switches and knobs. If these are not nulled out at the beginning, you can have some really horrible experiences.

I do not have a 7C, but have two 9C's which are very similar. I have helped several folks set up their planes on the 7C.. For the money, it is a very capable and easy to program radio.

I also recommend you do some searching for aerobatic model plane trim charts and other information. There is some very well-written material out there that will help you immensely on your project.

Good luck with your programming,

Mike Boyd
AMA 7179

Old 02-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Mr.Extra 260

On what mode do you null assignments? Im still having problems with the aielerons one will go down but the other one wont go up and when the other one goes up the other one wont go down?
Old 02-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Walt and Sage

On what mode do you null assignments? Im still having problems with the aielerons one will go down but the other one wont go up and when the other one goes up the other one wont go down?

Sounds like your Flap trim and OR Flaporons setting are off...
GOOD LUCK...
Maybe DEFAULT all programming on that model and start again..

Old 02-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Mr.Extra 260

how do you noll the channels
Old 02-07-2006, 11:21 PM
thejetgod
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mikmaxx,

Talk to the guys over here in the Futaba Radios Direct support forum. I'll bet they can give you the answer you are looking for.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_125/tt.htm
Old 02-08-2006, 08:24 PM
richohealey

mate... on futaba channel 1 is ailerons........ wait... is that changed with mode 2? no... i think maybe... i dunno....
Old 02-09-2006, 04:50 PM
gdavisjr
My Feedback: (51)

Wost case, as the gentleman above mentioned, call Futaba directly. In most Futaba radios you are looking at two functions to do what you are looking for. Ailerons can be handled one of two ways, either Aileron Differential or Flaperon. Both allow you to control two servos with aileron stick movement. Flaperon gives more options since it not allows you to move right and left controls, but also allows the ailerons to both down down and act as flaps. If you never intend on using both ailerons as flaps, I'd suggest using the Aileron Differential function to make it a little easier.

For dual elevator controls, Futaba uses a mix called Ailevator, or at least they do for their 8 and 9 channel transmitters. With this fucntion, it allows you to control each elevator with separate servos--it also can move up and down (in other words right and left) assisting you with turns as well. I'd suggest disabling this part of the mix if you use it.

As always, typically you enable the mix through the transmitter, then activate it (typically turn off the INHibit function). You can assign a switch to the mix, but in the case, you want the mix on at all times, so you'll want to switch defined as NULL. Once that's accomplished, you'll need to use your Reversing functions to make sure each channel is going the correct direction. When you first set it up as you described above, once elevator might be going up and the other down. You'll need to use the Reverse function to control each channel separately for instance. Once you have both ailerons and both elevators going the correct direction, you'll need to center everything--either mechanically or by subtrims on each separate channel. I'd suggest getting as close as you can mechanically then adjust using subtrims to fine tune it if you need to.

For the functions listed above, I'd suggest pulling out the book and reading over each section.

Gerry
Old 02-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Mr.Extra 260

What page is the null thing on?