Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Saito or YS for Doghouse eX? Standard servos?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Saito or YS for Doghouse eX? Standard servos?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 02:04 PM
jc4me2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito or YS for Doghouse eX? Standard servos?

I'm lookin at the Saito .91 or the YS .91. What sould I go with? Also, will it fly on standard servos? I've got 4 collecting dust. Jordan
Old 12-01-2002, 05:04 AM
noname-RCU

I am currently building one ... hopefully I'll test her out next week !

I will be using a Saito 100 and Hitec 225's for everything except the throttle which will be a Hitec 55 and my receiver will be one of those hitec mini 5 channel !

The good thing about using small servos is that you can use a standard 600 MaH battery pack which weighs a lot less than the 1000's and will give you at least the same flight-time ... not to mention mini servos weigh a less and the 225's specs are better (torque & speed) than standard servos.
Old 12-01-2002, 07:15 AM
matlok

If I had to do it again, I'd go w/the Saito 100. I've got the 91 now, and it needs just a little bit more power to pull out vertically with authority. If you go with the 225's, be sure and get the metal gear version. I stripped 5 gearsets (without a crash luckily) before I finally put the metal ones in.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:29 PM
doghousesmith

jc4me2, I agree with matlok about using a Saito .100 in your Doghouse eXtreme. The YS .91 is too heavy and more power than you need. All the originals used the Saito .91 in them and they performed quite well, but that was with Chip Hyde, Jason Shulman and Billy Hemple flying them so they undoubtably made up for any engine shortcommings. I have a Saito .100 in the one I am flying now and it does give it that little bit of extra power needed for authority. Besides it swings a 15 x 6 better than the .91 does. Hope this helps.
Dick Smith (designer of the Doghouse eXtreme)
Old 12-01-2002, 02:43 PM
jc4me2

Default What about sevos?

Whould standard Airtronics sevos work? I only have 4 so I'd buy some metal geared 225s. Also, does it seem like 2 servos on the elevator would help or is it just a pain? Thanks for lookin, Jordan
Old 12-01-2002, 03:17 PM
doghousesmith

jc4me2
I'm just a hack flyer but I use 3004 BB servos on my eXtreme and only one on the elevator. It goes fine for me. I've never had a servo failure. I do use 4-40 push rods though. I wouldn't know how to handle high torque, high speed servos. It would be a waste on me! I do put the airplane through all the 3D stuff I know with no problems.
Dick Smith