Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

I have an excuse to get a BME 55!

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

I have an excuse to get a BME 55!

Old 03-19-2006, 09:30 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default I have an excuse to get a BME 55!

My dad called me up today and said he bought another plane. He has only successfully flown a slow stick, so I was thinking it was a little Kadet or somethin...WRONG!! He bought a GP 1.60 Ultimate!!!
I built and flew the Ultimate pictured below and he really enjoyed watching me fly the bipes, so he pretty much bought it for me. This is the kind of plane that is just beggin' for this engine!! I just hope I am not too late to get on the list for the first run!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94436.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	429326  
Old 03-21-2006, 07:16 PM
torqmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I have an excuse to get a BME 55!

If I didn't have an excuse, I would create one. I will definitely have one of these. I'''m putting mine on an EF 87" Yak, withe cannister. I can hardly wait. Did I say I am PUMPED!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:47 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default RE: I have an excuse to get a BME 55!

Kieth said the prototype turned a 24X8 at 6500 rpm on a stock muffler, so it is definitely a powerhouse!
I had the EF Yak, and I couldn't get it to balance properly with a DA 50. I had the batteries literally hanging 1" off the front of the firewall and I was still around 5/8" behind the ideal CG. I don't see how this engine will work on it, unless, maybe you move the elevators up to the front of the fuse. I believe Dick hanson did this without incident, so maybe you otta shoot him a message...