Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

TOO COOL 3D BIPLANE !!!! The "KING" of high alpha!

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

TOO COOL 3D BIPLANE !!!! The "KING" of high alpha!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 11:45 AM
SL77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TOO COOL 3D BIPLANE !!!! The "KING" of high alpha!

Any place to get the mini version in Europe (Ireland). They look like alot of fun.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:58 AM
erikpmort
My Feedback: (52)

go to 3dbiplanes.com and send Lance an email......
Old 04-30-2006, 08:49 PM
JorLRice

Flew my big 3D Bipe this morning. Son Gary turned me on to it. I put an OS 91 FX in it with a 15X6 APC and 30% Heli fuel. It weighs 8lbs and 10 ounces RTF dry. It hovers between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle and harriers like nothing else. I own a hobby shop so the project was kept secret from customers until this AM. They knew I was working on something but I wouldn't tell them what. They met me at the car and said let's see the secret project. Amazed all with its agility and light wing loading performance. I let everyone at the field fly it on the 2nd flight. I had to mix out roll and pitch coupling in the knife but other than that it was great Only have 4 flights now but I am impressed. With effort, I can get it in my Suburban with the wings on it. Love the plane but it took 27.5 hours to put it together (and I still haven't made or installed the pants!) I consider myself a fast builder but this one required reading, looking and thinking before gluing. Next one will probably take off 5-6 hours. I got it last Sunday and flew it this Sunday.......Good job on the design but exceptional engineering of the kit. Hardware is allllllll American and makes me happy!

Jim Rice
Old 04-30-2006, 11:51 PM
l-wise

Hi Jim,
Wow!! You guys don't mess around. You've only had the biplane a week. Most people take that much time just thinking about building a new plane. Thanks for the good report!
When you guys are comfortable with the bipe, try my two favorite maneuvers. The first one is very simple. Just do a nice round loop and as you come around the top side cut the throttle and pull full up elevator.(about mid rate is plenty) Let the plane fall in an elevator then throttle up smoothly into a perfect harrier! It's really fun when you get confident and do it low.
The next one is a little scary at first. Get some altiutude and push the plane over the top. Cut the throttle and let it fall straight down.Then pull full up elevator and hold it into an elevator. Continue to add throttle until the plane transition from a harrier to a very nice hover. This is basically a parachute to elevator to harrier to hover!! Basic moves for a 3D biplane!!!
Thanks again, Lance
Old 05-02-2006, 10:38 AM
JorLRice

Now have 10 flights on it. Gary and I both have numerous snap (Tumble command is best violent snap) to harrier to landings behind us now. He says airplanes aren't supposed to do this as he holds it high alpha from the snap all the way to the ground. But one of us hit too hard and the gear loosened up. I have heated 30 minute epoxy and run it into the cracks in the foam the drilled 5/32 holes up from the bottom into the sides and put 6 dowel pins in about 1 1/2 inches long and covered them with 30 minute. Only 2 flights since that fix. It has everyones attention on our field.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:40 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

JIM
did you check the CG , i have one too,just stated to mount engine,SAITO 180 thats been on the shelf for a long time,what servos did you use?
Old 05-03-2006, 08:46 AM
JorLRice

If you notice, Lance says it has a wiiiiiide CG range. I started at the aft limit and I am slowly moving back. It Harriers and Hovers well and flies inverted just about hands off at the aft point. If I go further back I think it will require up elevator to stay on its back. I built a Quartermaster bipe for my wife 6-7 years ago and when I took the Quadra 52 off of it and put a Saito 300 on it it flew a lot lighter but was so tail heavy that when I rolled it on its back it would outside loop on its own back to upright. I moved all batteries and still added a pound to the nose to get it right. It is uncomfortable putting up elevator in a plane to keep it inverted. I really love Too Cool. I am worried about a 180 in it though. You will really need to exercise throttle management. I am careful with the 91 2 stroke but would worry more with that monster up front.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:55 AM
closetguy

JIM
i am a little cocern about the 180 also,it's a real SHAKER! just trying to use up what i have that's why the 180 been on the shelf for so long. is the pull out of a hover on the OS 91 good, the only other engines i have are OS 91 FX and a YS 110 that i am building a OMP FUSION for
THANKS FOR THE INFO.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:15 PM
erikpmort

Lance, did you know your small bipe will do a knife edge spin?!? I did em today! I just kept trying and now I can get into them pretty good.... this plane gets funner everytime i fly it. call me next time you go out to grantsville.

Erik 435-760-4554
Old 05-19-2006, 01:09 PM
l-wise

Hey Erik,
I will call you for sure!! We will be going to Grantsville at the first of next week. I'm ready for my lesson!!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:35 PM
SAPropbuster
My Feedback: (5)

What / Where is Grantsville?

I have one of these new Too Kool 3D Machines...in assembly right now... I have choice of 90-4stroker's: Magnum, OS, or YSAC...... I'm thinking the YS will be TOO KOOL but the mount furnished isn't long enough. Will have to check the cowl length, too.. Comments?

Bob Severance
San Antonio, TX
Old 05-19-2006, 06:04 PM
l-wise

Hi Bob,
The next size up Great Plains mount will work for your motor. The firewall is predrilled for it as well. The length of the cowl will handle it just fine. Let me know, I should have a mount to send free of charge. My e-mail is [email protected].
Thanks, Lance
Old 05-19-2006, 06:26 PM
skukreja
My Feedback: (6)

are the wings removable on the mini version?
Old 05-19-2006, 06:36 PM
SAPropbuster
My Feedback: (5)

Hey now there's a deal!
I appreciate the offer, but I just went to 2nd Chance Hobbies (where I bought the kit) and bought the next size motor mount. No biggie for me and I really thank you for the offer.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:47 PM
erikpmort

are the wings removable on the mini version?

yes, but it sure is nice to keep them on
Old 06-17-2006, 08:22 PM
closetguy

I-WISE
i have about 2 gallons threw a YS 110 thats in your TO COOL BIPLANE, a real easy flying plane , it's the best harrier plane i have, never could do it with any others as easy, hovers easy, hi alfa knife edges from one end of field to other are easy, very little coupling. fun to fly, gets a lot of looks at field, guys kind of laugh at it untill they see it fly,wieghs 9 lbs. CG is at the recomend aft. setting could go back a little more, still just a slight push when inverted.
REAL FUN PLANE TO FLY WOOD BUY ANOTHER. it is so ugly its cool!
Old 06-17-2006, 11:56 PM
erikpmort

mine isn't ugly
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88263.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	479129   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57895.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	479130  
Old 06-18-2006, 04:50 PM
skukreja

I want a mini.. got it in yellow? are the designs on the top of the wing removeable decals or painted on?
Old 06-18-2006, 05:09 PM
closetguy

they are painted on
Old 06-18-2006, 07:17 PM
erikpmort

but you could paint over them if you must! they come with paint, and the extra colors paint is like 4$ I was thinking of painting ORACLE on mine like sean tuckers bipe.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:19 AM
closetguy

i would like to see the skull and lighting bolts painted onthe left and right side of both wings.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:47 PM
erikpmort

two heads is better than one, maybe you can paint it on
Old 06-19-2006, 02:08 PM
closetguy

after i had the plane together, i started to cut a stencil out of wax paper of the skull to paint the other wings but it was takeing up to much flying time, i was out flying it today what a easy flying plane, it realy is the king of high alpha.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:09 PM
3d nate
My Feedback: (12)

Hey thanks for the reply on your bipes!! I am happy to hear that guys are having fun with them. Especially if you are learning to fly 3d. We still maintain that they are the best teachers for the high alpha stuff. Alot of the other planes will do it if pushed but the bipes just seem to do it best!!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 07:01 AM
ronman

what do you guy's think if I put the evolution 26gt gazer in this plane ? Has anyone noticed that the web sight is down ? Are they out of business ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.