Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

TOO COOL 3D BIPLANE !!!! The "KING" of high alpha!

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

TOO COOL 3D BIPLANE !!!! The "KING" of high alpha!

Old 08-21-2006, 09:48 AM
erikpmort
My Feedback: (52)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TOO COOL 3D BIPLANE !!!! The "KING" of high alpha!

no they are still running.......

that engine would probabally be fine!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:22 AM
wind junkie
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ronman

Has anyone noticed that the web sight is down ? Are they out of business ?
Yes, I can no longer access 3dbiplanes.com

I got one of the kits Lance had in stock last June, and I've been so busy with other projects I haven't yet started it. (probably after Labor day prep and trips subside).

It's ironic that Ed Moorman (finally) submitted a mini review of this plane in R/C Report. A couple weeks later, Lance shuts down the web site.

I believe Lance was only selling remaining stock anyway, as the kit has so much prefab that he wasn't making any money. It's probably worth twice the price.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:14 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

you know i have a buddy at the flying field that wanted one after flying mine he said the same that he could not find the site, that is to bad they are one nice flying plane,you know i was never much good at high alpha stuff,but this bipe makes it so easy, it realy gets a lot of looks at the field, i have a YS 110 on it that i was saveing for a 67" FUSION thats on the bench now when it's done i have a SAITO 180 thats going on the bipe. when i bought it from Lance he charge me 225.00 then about two weeks later he sent me a check for 50.00 said he did not fill right to charge that much when the guy's on flea bay were beeting him up on the price.
it was a nice hobby for him that became a job, i'll bet.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:52 AM
emailbanter
My Feedback: (2)

Yes, wouldn't you know it...my September RC Report has a mini test on the biplane and it peaked my interest but looks like the website is no longer working.

Old 09-06-2006, 09:26 PM
tukkus

finish your report here and send me that hunk of foam so i can review it too
Old 11-24-2006, 10:22 PM
mikec3d

I dont know how, but my LHS got access to a few more big ones. Supposedly the builder is still making the smaller size bipes, I was lucky enuff to get another biggun.....
Old 11-25-2006, 11:46 AM
therupman

Mikec3d,
What's the name of the hobby shop and got a phone #?
Thanks,
Bob Ruppel
Brentwood,TN
Old 11-25-2006, 06:43 PM
closetguy

guy's this is no bull if you got a chance to get one of these go for it, i get so many looks at it after flying it everyone ask where they can get one,the plane is not only good at high alpha stuff but it is one of the most smooothest bipes i have ever flew!,hovers are very easy.knife edge with very little pull no need to mix out. mine came in at 9lbs. even i was going to take the ys 110 off but the more i fly it the more i think i will leave it on. if i can i will buy another one so i hope Mikec3d comes up with a number.
ENJOY!
Old 01-19-2007, 04:08 PM
skukreja
My Feedback: (6)

HEy all.. Just curious if anyone is still flying these. I have one in a box that will hopefully be ready by spring, but am a little disconcerted at the lack of the website and such. Is Lance done? What happened?

Sachin
Old 01-19-2007, 08:26 PM
closetguy

yep i still fly mine,it does some wild looking blenders,don't no how long it will hold up doing them! i found a small crack just in front of the v. stab,filled it with some epoxy,good as new!
i bought mine when they first showed up on rcu.these planes are rock solid in a hover.i think Lance did it as a hobby in his machine shop that he ran and it became a job.i could sell 4-5 of these just in our club alone. i would like to buy another one just for myself if i could find one in the box. HINT skukreja.
ENJOY!
Old 01-25-2007, 03:07 PM
MIXMASTER
My Feedback: (15)

If this plane turns regular flyers into 3-d hucksters,then its too easy. You will get nothing but "false hope" that you can do this with the "main-stream" 3-d models available today(like: X100,Extra 260,Yaks,ect....). I learned thru practice,practice,crash,practice,practice,crash,pr actice more harder to the point where planes I used to think were not 3-D capable, are 3-D after all--it was me,not the plane that needed something. I have flown other planes similiar in handling like this Too Cool Bipe,the Monty foamer for one,you can hover it first time,even if you have trouble hovering all others,the Monty will hover "hands off" once you get it vertical. It really is too easy,you are not getting the experience you will need to do it with the rest of them. I,m not saying you have to crash to learn 3-D,I'm one of the unlucky ones (or less skilled if you want)that went thru this to get it down. If its as easy as this thread implies,everyone would be doing it.(with ALL the 3-D planes available)
Old 01-25-2007, 03:11 PM
erikpmort
My Feedback: (52)

simulator and the right model helps the most
Old 01-31-2007, 10:27 PM
l-wise

I don't believe there is such a thing as hands off hovering!!! If there was then you would see a lot more people doing it. Hovering any plane is difficult until you learn how. Most people give it up before they master it. When you learn to ride a bicycle you have training wheels. You could avoid them but it seems kind of crazy. Why buy a trainer to learn to fly? You could learn to fly with an Extra or a Yak!
I don't know about the rest of you but it seems pretty silly to learn how to do any 3D manuever with a plane that isn't stable and somewhat easy to fly!!
Thanks, Lance
Old 07-20-2010, 05:50 PM
rcfan450

Default RE: TOO COOL 3D BIPLANE !!!! The

This thread may be dead but I thought I'd throw in a note here that I just bought one of these and am excited to give it a try. It has a Saito 125 in it.

Does anyone have any video of it? I've searched Youtube and can't find anything. 3dbiplanes.com doesn't work anymore either.

Lance?? You still out there buddy? You flew these at my airfield in Heber several years ago (when I only owned a Slow Stick) and I've wanted one ever since, now I got one!
Old 07-21-2010, 08:58 AM
closetguy

your lucky to find one,i have a ys110 on mine.it sure gets a lot of interest at the field.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:18 PM
rcfan450

I plan on flying this tomorrow pending good weather. I will video and post online since I can't find any myself. It will be the maiden flight, we'll see what tricks I dare pull off first flight...
Old 07-24-2010, 05:58 PM
rcfan450

Well I flew it a few times yesterday and loved it.

Only problem is I got it home, put it in my "man room", and I simply don't have room for it or half my other planes. I have unfortunately decided to sell it (and a few others). So if any of you are interested, I'd sell the plane w/ servos for $200 plus actual shipping. I am keeping the motor for future use. I'm not completely sure how I'd package that thing up but I'm sure I could figure something out.

I did take a little video of my second flight. It's cruddy video because no one there to help out so I put on the wide angle lens and tried to fly close.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngLWH-iH21Q
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45190.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	1472865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19767.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	1472866  
Old 01-21-2015, 07:38 PM
GTimmons

Don't know if this site even works but if so Lance do you still have any manuals for the bipes. I seem to have lost mine.
Email is [email protected]
Thanks