Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: FLITON EDGE 540 FREESTYLE they did it again

hey guys, this is making me want to go fly mine again. I haven't flown it in a while but I do love it. I am having a little trouble with my gear . it's cracked pretty bad and is real wobbly on landing I'm afreaid it might break and do some damage to the plane. Other than that, I love the way this one flies!
    IF YOU ONLY HAVE TO BEND OVER ONCE TO PICK UP YOUR PLANE, IT WAS A GOOD LANDING

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i would give edson @ fliton a call he should be able to help u out .

casey g

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

casey, wheres the vids!!! =)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To those of you who have flown both the Fliton Extra and Edge, which do you prefer and why? It appears the Edge comes out a bit lighter, which could be an advantage, but I really like the stall characteristics of the Extras wing.

I'll probably be buying another Fliton product by the summer, and if so I'm most likely going to use my Saito .82 again and try to make it even lighter. I've got the Extra at 6lbs and if I change the servos to Hitec 5245s I could get it down to about 5lbs. 13oz. or so. I'm just trying to decide what I want to get.
    There is no substitution for human competition.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have only flown the edge and i love it so far so i think which ever one u chose u will like it.
    casey g

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey im workin on it i only get to fly every weekend and if the weather is not good we cant fly but i did get a little bit last weekend with some skis on the plane for the snow. lol
    i will get more vid this weekend and if i get what i want then it will be out soon if not then u might have to wait a few weekends.
    casey g

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RVM,

I have both and I switched engine and servos 3 times. At this point I like the edge better but I might change my mind again. It has ~100sq" less on the wings and the weight difference is pretty close but is more stable in high alpha. The harriers and stall characteristics are more predictable and I'm feeling more comfortable at 1 feet from the ground with the edge. The Extra is more fun if you want to practice IMAC, lines are somehow cleaner, flat spins are better. Take it with a grain of salt, It's just my opinion, has the value of an opinion and probably it's specific to my setup ( Saito 100, 5 - JR 821 , throttle I can't remember ). Either way, you can't go wrong. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I hope it helped to puzzle you more about which one to get

Boby

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RVM

To those of you who have flown both the Fliton Extra and Edge, which do you prefer and why? It appears the Edge comes out a bit lighter, which could be an advantage, but I really like the stall characteristics of the Extras wing.
    How about trying the Fliton Inspire 60. It's lighter and the Saito 82 works great in it.
    Phillip
    Club Saito Member #415

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's just what I was thinking. Get a Saito 1.00 for my current Extra (I can keep it at 6lbs even with the 1.00) and put the .82 into an Inspire.

ORIGINAL: Jimmy Hoffa

ORIGINAL: RVM

How about trying the Fliton Inspire 60. It's lighter and the Saito 82 works great in it.
    Phillip

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RVM,
    The Inspire is a lightweight missile with a Saito 82.
    Phillip
    Club Saito Member #415

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,
    I was hoping to get some opinons or suggestions as to which plane, the Extra 330 FreeStyle, the Edge 540 or the Inspire 60 is the best of the three regarding flight, build and performance. Is there a standout? A Saito 1.00 for power, thanks for any help.............mstcitabria

Club Saito #147

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mstcitabria,
    I haven't flown the Edge or Extra but I believe the Inspire will give better flight performance, but with a sacrifice in not having a semi scale appearance. If looks are important, go with the Edge or Extra, otherwise chose the Inspire. To an extent, my experience is limited to what I've read and maybe someone else that has flown all three could comment.
    Phillip
    Club Saito Member #415

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Phillip,
    Thanks and it would be nice to hear from anyone who has flown any of them, hard to make a decision on which one to buy. A fly buddy just recieved the Extra and I took a look, very impressed with it. Is the Saito 100 to much motor for the Inspire?
    mstcitabria

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mstcitabria

Phillip,
    Is the Saito 100 to much motor for the Inspire?
    mstcitabria
    Yes...and no. As long as it's not too heavy, you can never have too much power. Just be careful and limit the top speed. The 1.00 only weights 3oz more than a .82 so it would not be much of a weight penalty. People do put 1.00's in the Inspire and evidentially have success. If you already own a 1.00 I would use it.
    Phillip
    Club Saito Member #415

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well guys after a long time I have a little video
    http://www.***********s.com/gallery/...hp?photo=22875
    We had problems with my motor and this video is from the 10th flight on the plane. I was taking it easy trying to get used to the plane, so I never got to just bang the sticks. When I make a video I do a lot of one thing till I get it perfect for the video. I was not able to for this video because of the crash, so video was limited and sorry for the no zoom (dad forgot to zoom) on some clips.
    I will post a short video of the crash.

Low knife edge pass and motor died it was a pretty good wind and it was high Alfa so no airspeed, I rolled it level and it basically just fell out of the sky. There was nothing I could do.

It is hurt pretty bad but it is fixable, but to me it’s not worth fixing when I can get a new plane.

I will talk to Edson on Monday and see what we can do.

But for the little flight time I got to fly on this plane, I love how it flew. Flew like it was on rails and flew pretty light. If you get this plane you won’t be disappointed.

Thanks
    Casey g

Crash link will be posted soon

why wont my link work to f-l-y-i-n-g g-i-a-n-t-s
    and how can i put in a link ???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good flying man.... Sorry about the loss, im sure there will be another very soon. Looks like the saito 100 is a great motor for this plane. Did you put the saito on a pump or a regulator, since when this motor is mounted inverted and its hard to get the tank low enough to be close to inline of the carb?
    Nathan
    AMA# 794162 + R/C combat association (RCCA #788)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Casey,

It seems you infected my plane as well. After something like 250 flights my Edge is history. I always said it had 9 lives but it seems I lost 4 on the way.
    It crashed after 10 sec of flight today, second snap roll I did departed my left wing ( you can see from the picture the sleeve popped out from the wing, I did the same snap hundreds times before so I'm guessing the wood cracked gradually or the FG sleeve rotated loose inside the wing ). I did not lost my had and tried the famous Bill Hample maneuver. It went OK for 2-3 seconds but without the rubber bands to hold it, the second wing came off the rotation pins. After that I was just a spectator, the plane corkscrew into the ground pretty hard, battery shorted and went on fire. It was pretty dramatic, with a lot of white smoke.

I'm not very bitter, the Edge did it's job, I learned a lot with it and gave me a lot of confidence. It was my last glow plane and it was a lot of fun. I have to admit I pushed it so many times, did not had a normal landing with it ( just harrier landings ) in a long time, I knife edge along the field 2 ft from the ground until the rudder servo burned, at the first flight someone shot me down, I pancaked it 2 times ( it was so fun doing low harriers I forgot you have to land and refill ). So I'm not blaming the manufacturer, I threw it into the wildest Lomchevaks so many times and probably everything added up and hit the expiration date. Being my first major crash I'm somehow relief ed.

RIP my Edge, time to put the big ones to the paces.

Boby

P.S

I've seen some guys trying to fit the Saito 100 inverted and asking about a pump. What I did on my Edge and on the Extra was to cut the bottom part of the first former ( where the engine box attaches to the fuse) and glue a piece of ply on the bottom of it. Than you can fit a 14oz slimline tank right on the LG wit the front part of it into the engine box. Just make sure you reinforce with tri balsa stock ( you have to do it anyway). It worked very well for me.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd92371.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	671675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oj26484.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	671676   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fk17237.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	671677  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey first off sorry to see your crash. it sucks lol

and i was using a cline fuel presser regulator.
    we were having a few problems with it and then ran about 1/4 of a gallon on the ground till we thought we had it figured out and then we flew 2 test flights on it befor we started filming that vid and i gess we did not have it figured out lol.
    the reason we went with the pump was to put the tank ofver the cg. for prefect balence all the way threw the flight. but when u really think about it, u dont need to do that on a 40 size plane and i was just trying to make it prefect.
    i will post the crash vid in just a few mins to utube.

after talking to Edson, we decided that we are going to try out the inspire 60.i just got it today and it really looks nice i like it.

and my crash is defently not as bad as yours, and is very fixable. but i will keep the plane and maybe some day fix it but like i said befor its not worth my time when i just got a new plane to replace it.

thanks casey g

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl5Kznh2KMM

there is the link on yourtube
    lol
    it hurts when i watch it lol
    but there u go

casey g

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey does anyone have a good mod for the elimination of the rubber bands? Any pics? I maidened mine this last week end. What a joy to fly over the other planes I have. Love it.!!! Before I could though I had to get rid of the pink and lavender here are a few pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp44853.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	675797   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gb90610.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	675798   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ns45500.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	675799   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dw65635.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	675800  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What servos are you using?

ORIGINAL: simospeed

Hey does anyone have a good mod for the elimination of the rubber bands? Any pics? I maidened mine this last week end. What a joy to fly over the other planes I have. Love it.!!! Before I could though I had to get rid of the pink and lavender here are a few pics.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ailerons and rudder are JR DS821's. Elevator I converted to dual with JR Sport MN48's syncronized with a Matchbox. Throttle is a JR Sport MC35 mini. I am going to put a faster servo on the throttle. Maybe another MN48. Control it all with a Spectrum DX7.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am amazed that a plane weighing around 6lbs with only 550 squares flies as well as this does. Crazy. What's the wingloading exactly?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So is everyone who is using a Saito 1.00 ending up around 6lbs? I need to replace my Fliton Extra soon and their Edge looks nice. I was going to use Hitec 5245s (2x ail, 2x ele, 1x rudder) all around, and a HS81 for the throttle. Fromeco 2600mah LiIon, Badger Switch and Fromeco regulator...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RVM,

I have a few other 3D planes (Showtime 50, Nitro Models Yak 52) that are in the same size class as Fliton Edge 540 and Fliton is by far the best flying plane.
    I have Saito 1.00 and HS-475 on ailerons and elevators, 645 on Rudder. It flies very light and graceful. I simply enjoy flying it.

Pashka.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast