Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

laser 3d

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

laser 3d

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 04:29 PM
b4stealth00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default laser 3d

does anyone know about the laser 3d
Old 05-07-2006, 04:56 PM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: laser 3d

yep..I have built two of them. Easy build and a great flying plane. It is prone to have flutter on the elevators, the fix is simple. Descrease the size of the elevator tabs. Also maybe a couple of CF flying wires (like on the funtana). IMO it out performs the UCD and funtana .40. I would consider it a perfect 3D trainer. Thinking back on it I kind of miss mine.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:57 PM
YNOT

Yep.

Great flyn plane. I like it better without the wing tips. Builds light and quick. Put a 50 2 stroke or a 72, 63, 82 stroker on it and it will be insane.

Should be a sub 5 pound plane. Do not fly it fast or you will RIP the tail off it. It is a performace 3D plane, designed to fly, not take a pop.

Old 05-15-2006, 06:52 AM
McFlyboy

Great plane, could probably do with more power than the Irv. 53 I had on mine, but so light flying and does EVERYTHING apart from world speed records

As YNOT says watch 'em elevators, they will catch in long grass if ya ride over a bump
Old 09-06-2009, 03:08 AM
zagi450t

Hi I know its been a long time since this tread had a post but I have just got a built Laser 3D can anyone tell me what the C of G should be please. Cant find out any where.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:26 PM
jefflangton
My Feedback: (23)

Zag, I got mine already built from a buddy. The print didnt say where cg is, the manual prob does but I dont have it. I have a 55ax in mine. You can start setting cg about 30% back from leading edge of wing. You can move it from there to your liking. Plane is light,flies light, if youre off a bit it wont be hard to manage like some planes would be. My bud flies it backwards on windy days, its crazy!! A Blast to fly!! Hope this helps.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:38 PM
zagi450t

I have the 55AX in mine as well C of G about 30% and flys inverted hands off, had a problem on an early fly when flutter tore off 1 half of the elevator when a mate flew it to fast, but it still landed as if nothing was wrong, tail end now beefed up.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Ken Kehlet
My Feedback: (89)

Hello, I don't want to Hijack any topics, but I need some help.

My buddy gave me a LASER 200 from Pacific Aeromodels, but the 12mm wing rod is missing. Pacific Aeromodels doesn't answer my e-mail and I can't find a replacement for the 12mm aluminum wing Rod.

Does anyone know where I can obtain this 12mm aluminum or carbon rod ? Please help.
Thanks in advance,
Ken
Old 03-02-2010, 12:03 PM
flygilmore

ORIGINAL: Ken Kehlet

Hello, I don't want to Hijack any topics, but I need some help.

My buddy gave me a LASER 200 from Pacific Aeromodels, but the 12mm wing rod is missing. Pacific Aeromodels doesn't answer my e-mail and I can't find a replacement for the 12mm aluminum wing Rod.

Does anyone know where I can obtain this 12mm aluminum or carbon rod ? Please help.
Thanks in advance,
Ken

You are speaking of a totally different model....perhaps try another forum???