Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Is it ok to !

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Is it ok to !

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:11 PM
xtdsm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is it ok to !

Mount both of my RX and ignition batteries on the engine box? engine is DA50 and the plane is great planes Yak 25%, this is the only way that I could get her to balance on the CG. I am using 3" stand offs which I thought would make her nose heavy but I was wrong.

what do you guys think, you think having both batteries within an inch from eachother will cause any glitches to the RX? I know having both batteries that close is not the best thing to do, but I kindda have to do that if I want to balance her without adding tons of weight.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Old 06-14-2006, 10:47 PM
AeroDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is it ok to !

I'd be a bit worried about vibration....
Old 06-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Is it ok to !

Tons of weight? Whats a battery weigh? 2 or 3oz?

As much as I hate to add lead, I'd put lead on the engine box before I'd put my RX battery right next to the ignition battery.

It's always a bad idea to put your ignition and RX components within 12" of each other. The batteries, switches, RX, ignition--etc.. should all be 12" away from each other.

If you want to risk it, then do it. Just do a good range check before you fly. Use a standard FM PPM RX to range check it. The PPM RX won't hide any problems that you might encounter with your setup. Once you get a good range check--then switch to the PCM RX if you want too. But don't use a PCM RX to do your initial range checks. It will hide any problems you might have. Then those problems will sneak up and bite you later when the RX locks up.

Good luck.