Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Fragile propeller

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Fragile propeller

Old 09-26-2014, 01:00 PM
The trainer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fragile propeller

Hi! Ive just bought a tex edge 540 plane and i was wondering if there was any way to make the prop stronger or if you can repair them. I have flown it three Times' and ive broken 4 props. And i do not want to but a different kind of prop because my Local rc-shop only have these. All suggestions are welcome
Old 09-27-2014, 04:19 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

No fixing a broken prop for sure. Doubt you'll find anything the makes sense when it comes to making them stronger.

You might try a different prop manufacturer. What prop is the hobby shop selling you? Have you looked for something similar on line?
Old 09-27-2014, 07:01 AM
The trainer

Alright, thanks. The prop is a 7*P6
Old 09-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Thumbsticks

A couple of things to tryout or consider if you haven't already. First, use a prop saver and not a collet mount for your prop. Second, find out how to program your esc to have a "soft brake" or "free wheel" on your motor, once your have this working the motor and prop will usually be much more forgiving on impact with the ground. Third, (this will increase weight unfortunately) find a way to beef up the landing gear to somewhat reduce the flex or spring within the gear legs.
I second what "ahicks" suggested.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:41 AM
The trainer

Thanks for the tips!