Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Here is pic of The Magic hovering......but I don't think it is meant to hover

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Here is pic of The Magic hovering......but I don't think it is meant to hover

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 09:31 AM
Dave Matthews

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here is pic of The Magic hovering......but I don't think it is meant to hover

The Machine !!!!!! . . . . . Maybe !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	47722_10028.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	28232  
Old 01-16-2003, 03:37 PM
shmo46

Default Here is pic of The Magic hovering......but I don't think it is meant to hover

Thanks Davie,

I'll give it a whirl.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:52 PM
stikman

hey guys i was just curious to see if anybody has tried my "flop" i posted it on here the other day and if anyone dosent remember it is full left rudder, full up elevator, and full right aleron,start at idle and bring it up to about half throttle. did this on a magic with an os 46fx other engines throttle settings might be different. so if anybody gets a chance to try this let me know how it works for you. it is a great manuver. looks funny

Stikman
Old 01-17-2003, 12:10 AM
Traxxas_Tech
My Feedback: (22)

That sounds familiar to something I do... Same stick movements at least.... Its great fun to do it close to the ground, really scares the guys....
Old 01-17-2003, 12:12 AM
shmo46

I kinda do that with my magic and a couple others. It's best when you get up some speed, cut throttle, point the nose up and then yank the sticks like you describe, I let it flip around a couple times, then once it starts to make it's way upright hit the throttle and fly out. Tons of fun!
Old 01-17-2003, 01:35 PM
Cheech
My Feedback: (19)

My Magic does the "flop", bigtime. I dscovered it just banging the sticks around one day. As far as hovering goes, this plane is decent. I did my Magic like Coulter_Dean and added TONS of right and down thrust . It flies great.

-Cheech

Mark's Planes
Old 01-17-2003, 04:27 PM
Traxxas_Tech
My Feedback: (22)

Yeah... As for hovering, it took me a while to figure out how to get it done... It kept floping over to its side... After I added tons of right thrust, it got better, but still was missing something... Then I started using ailerons to keep it straight... Duh, now it works...