Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

TMPro Extra 260 P 3D/Pattern ARF

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

TMPro Extra 260 P 3D/Pattern ARF

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 06:15 PM
Dewey2
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TMPro Extra 260 P 3D/Pattern ARF

If anyone wants one pm me, rifle came in and i won't have the cash for both.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:48 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

The planes are now in stock.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Chris-_-Memphis
My Feedback: (3)

alot of cheap arfs floating around.... you get what you pay for
Old 12-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Dewey2

ORIGINAL: ChrisHays

alot of cheap arfs floating around.... you get what you pay for

Yeah unlike a MoJo were you don't

Just got the email! Now if i can sell my 9z to buy a cam i'll do a build thread.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Dewey2

Got mine looks great, wings are a little bananaed got them re-bent and setting now. What kinda servo extensions are these it came with?
Old 12-06-2006, 05:01 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: Dewey2
Got mine looks great, wings are a little bananaed got them re-bent and setting now. What kinda servo extensions are these it came with?
They are standard servo extensions. Futaba puts a little doohickie on their servos which can be trimmed off. Just match the black to brown. Brown lead is cold.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:25 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

It is a fair looking model even though it is not a great 3D plane by the admission of the distributor. Although side force generators probably do a good job of covering up design limits or characteristics, I personally prefer a model that doesn't need stuff like that to make them fly well.

wings are a little bananaed got them re-bent and setting now.
I was wondering if you were able to determine or have an opinion as to why the wings were like a banana...Was it inferior construction techniques, substandard quality of materials, design flaws or packing. A bent wing doesn't appeal to me much even at half the price. I think for now I will consider more tried and true models.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:34 AM
STLPilot

was wondering if you were able to determine or have an opinion as to why the wings were like a banana...Was it inferior construction techniques, substandard quality of materials, design flaws or packing. A bent wing doesn't appeal to me much even at half the price. I think for now I will consider more tried and true models.
You can go into the profiles forum and read any quality issues, many customers have them now. We have not received one phone call in regards to any wing that was bent in any way. Nothing bent really, other then this thread and we were never contacted, but would have been happy to replaced. So far only 1 fuse was replaced free of charge becasue the pins did not line up. Other then that, nothing. I've been selling profiles for a long time and I know what the initial feedback looks like from a bad run of ARF's, this is not one of them. Either way each customer will get any defective part replaced free of charge, including shipping both directions if there is a problem.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Dewey2

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

It is a fair looking model even though it is not a great 3D plane by the admission of the distributor. Although side force generators probably do a good job of covering up design limits or characteristics, I personally prefer a model that doesn't need stuff like that to make them fly well.

wings are a little bananaed got them re-bent and setting now.
I was wondering if you were able to determine or have an opinion as to why the wings were like a banana...Was it inferior construction techniques, substandard quality of materials, design flaws or packing. A bent wing doesn't appeal to me much even at half the price. I think for now I will consider more tried and true models.
I'd say it was just sitting in a dry box and then went into a 30 degree humid environment.
No problem at all 90% of my planes came like that.

I thought my pins were misaligned to but they wasn't, they look like it from the angle your looking at them. I inserted them one at a time and they loosed up and slide on fine now. The plane is right there with my mojo arf in every way but a ton easer to put together. Don't 3d very good? Were did you see that at? I'm putting some killer gear in it, so it better kick it and get with it. If its anything like a Fusion its money. So far the plane is above average and looks awesome
Old 12-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Dewey2

Wheres the antenna tube in the wing at?
Old 12-26-2006, 05:10 PM
XJet
Banned

Where are all the vids of this bird being hucked hard and low in hovers, harriers, rolling harriers, waterfalls, etc?

Have I missed them or something?
Old 12-26-2006, 05:28 PM
decay

With all thats been sold, surely somebody could
give a honest flight report.
Stating the pros & cons ect
We all know how pretty it is, BUT HOWS IT FLY!!
Old 12-30-2006, 05:03 PM
extratorker
My Feedback: (8)

I've got one, but only have two flights on it so far. Fighting engine problems. The CG in the manual states 4.25" I know someone who did a electric conversion and balanced it at 4.25" and it was very nose heavy. I balance mine initially at 4.75" and it was still very nose heavy. I'm now back at 5.25" and it's so much better. The plane really does fly well. As was stated, it's a bit faster then a straight fat profile but it still floats and does all the 3d stuff with ease. Add some power and it actually flys nice straight lines. Haven't tried the winglets yet.

My wheel pants exploded on the first landing, maybe cause it was a bit chilly.

I like the plane myself.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:04 PM
hkaudio

Hello all. I like the look of this plane. If it flies half as good as it looks it should be great... anyone tried a 4 stroke?
Old 04-22-2007, 10:25 AM
RC4LIFE

Anyone have any idea how to install the tail wheel/wire ? I've studied the photos on the website and in the manual and I still don't get it. I'm sure it is me....

Thanks
Old 04-24-2007, 07:47 PM
p0stal

Flew mine... this past weekend.

Suffering from a non-runing 46fx.
When the motor ran the plane flew good. I saw no bad habits from the start. My sick motor would not hold a hover for nothing. Only issues Im having is sorting out the CG. I also played hell with tailwheel as stated in another post so mine is locked.

Puttin a 55ax on it for this weekend. with 13x4 apc.

will report back
Old 05-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Ialwayscrash
My Feedback: (106)

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

was wondering if you were able to determine or have an opinion as to why the wings were like a banana...Was it inferior construction techniques, substandard quality of materials, design flaws or packing. A bent wing doesn't appeal to me much even at half the price. I think for now I will consider more tried and true models.
You can go into the profiles forum and read any quality issues, many customers have them now. We have not received one phone call in regards to any wing that was bent in any way. Nothing bent really, other then this thread and we were never contacted, but would have been happy to replaced. So far only 1 fuse was replaced free of charge becasue the pins did not line up. Other then that, nothing. I've been selling profiles for a long time and I know what the initial feedback looks like from a bad run of ARF's, this is not one of them. Either way each customer will get any defective part replaced free of charge, including shipping both directions if there is a problem.
This is a lie, mine came with a bad wing also. I have been trying to get a replacement wing for this plane and was told it was sent 6 weeks ago. Well, no wing and now my emails go unanswered. Beware of the claims that this distributor makes.