Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

New Nitro Planes 50 Size Yak 54

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

New Nitro Planes 50 Size Yak 54

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 08:20 PM
AirTech
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Nitro Planes 50 Size Yak 54

Does anyone out there have purchased a Nitro Planes 50 size Yak 54 (or what they call a Yak 52)?

I received mine last week and it looks very nice out of the box. The covering looks first class and without a single wrinkle. I have yet to start on the assembly but I am planning on doing so as soon as I get some of the hardware replaced with standard sizing (I don't like the metric hardware).

I am planning on installing an OS 70 Surpass 4 stroke engine, and I am concerned on the firewall size being somewhat on the thin side. I was wondering if anyone has put one of these together, and how the firewall holds to a four stroke power plant. Seems like an easy fix to reinforce the firewall since there is plenty of access when the canopy/turtle deck is removed. I rather keep the reinforcing as simple as possible since this model seems to possibly weight less than 5 to 5 ½ Lbs. all up weight at the most.