Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Hangar9 Showtime 4D 90

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Hangar9 Showtime 4D 90

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 05:21 AM
digtman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar9 Showtime 4D 90

I can not understand why that particular model was discontinued, is it because being so popular now the price will be much higher when it's back in production?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:52 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a mystery to me too.
After inspecting the airframe and weighing it, I have to conclude thats got to be one of the best constructed, covered, balanced and accessorised ARF for this purpose on sale anywhere.
It beats the WOrld Models Spot On into submission and makes it look like was constructed from cardboard by a toddler. The Showtime really is an imaculate ARF and by discontinuing it I thnk Hangar 9 has done the market a disservice by depriving us of a really high quality ARF at a fantastic price. I picked this up for 3/5ths of what the Spot On cost me. Its slightly smaller but the same weight. most of that is due to the quality hardware supplied with the Showtime.

really, its a great shame its discontinued
Old 02-14-2012, 10:53 AM
TimBle

Its a mystery to me too.
After inspecting the airframe and weighing it, I have to conclude thats got to be one of the best constructed, covered, balanced and accessorised ARF for this purpose on sale anywhere.
It beats the WOrld Models Spot On into submission and makes it look like was constructed from cardboard by a toddler. The Showtime really is an imaculate ARF and by discontinuing it I thnk Hangar 9 has done the market a disservice by depriving us of a really high quality ARF at a fantastic price. I picked this up for 3/5ths of what the Spot On cost me. Its slightly smaller but the same weight. most of that is due to the quality hardware supplied with the Showtime.

really, its a great shame its discontinued
Old 02-14-2012, 02:29 PM
seagull extra
My Feedback: (12)

I am just getting ready to start on mine. I have had it for a few years now but I have not got around to putting it together yet. I had purchased a YS 110 for it when I bought it but I have since purchased a DL20cc gas engine that will be going in it. I have custom fabricated a duel chamber pitts muffler that will fit completely inside the cowl. I posted pics of the muffler on the DL20 thread a wahile back.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:05 PM
digtman

I Demolished 2 doing crazy things,and one was flutter on the ail. cheap servos, my fault.
now I am looking for 1 but some want too much for it
Old 02-14-2012, 09:57 PM
TimBle

ORIGINAL: seagull extra

I am just getting ready to start on mine. I have had it for a few years now but I have not got around to putting it together yet. I had purchased a YS 110 for it when I bought it but I have since purchased a DL20cc gas engine that will be going in it. I have custom fabricated a duel chamber pitts muffler that will fit completely inside the cowl. I posted pics of the muffler on the DL20 thread a wahile back.
nice!
show some pics when you don building. DLE20 going into mise as well.
SPot On has grown in weight so its going to get a Mintor 22 or a SAito 150

Old 05-27-2013, 06:48 AM
digtman

I hear so much about the showtime plane , so..........why stop production of it? I am looking to buy one and can not find it
Old 05-27-2013, 10:23 AM
freeflip85

I was looking to buy a new 3D plane last month, and was looking through hangar9's "discontinued products" page. Looks like you could still buy one still from there. GOOD LUCK!

Old 07-04-2015, 08:28 PM
MikeStak
My Feedback: (1)

Anyone know where I can find a cowl and right wing for the Showtime 90? If not, is there anyone interested in selling the full airframe?