Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Does Anyone know this Yak54?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Does Anyone know this Yak54?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:34 AM
guys234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Anyone know this Yak54?

A Store here has just brought it and won't reveale the company ,so does anyone know's it??
and if anyone know's it can I get a short review and how it handles (in 3D)?

the specs are :
Wing Span - 180.0 c"m
Length - 173 c"m
Wing Area - 48.2 sq-dm
Weight - 4.5 k"g
Engines - 1.08-1.60 - 2 or 4 s

Thanks,
Guy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93961.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	724677   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35942.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	724678  
Old 07-17-2007, 04:19 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default RE: Does Anyone know this Yak54?

Looks like a typical Chinese knockoff to me. The weight doesn't look too bad. If you like the initial quality and are willing to risk the lack of product support, go for it.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:51 PM
isaacslaw

As far as arf's go, the Chinese aren't knocking anything off. They are OEM producers of EVERYTHING. Probably, I would guess this is a major brand's factory offering the same arf under a different brand name. I don't know of any arf currently produced outside of China, Taiwan or South Korea.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:25 PM
easton24
My Feedback: (1)

And Vietnam. A knockoff would mean someone made a original. Who made the first Yak model plane?
Old 07-17-2007, 09:08 PM
FlooredCOBRA

ORIGINAL: isaacslaw

As far as arf's go, the Chinese aren't knocking anything off. They are OEM producers of EVERYTHING. Probably, I would guess this is a major brand's factory offering the same arf under a different brand name. I don't know of any arf currently produced outside of China, Taiwan or South Korea.
I agree with that. So how can it be a knock off if they are pretty much all made over there in china? I honestly think the same thing that there are many of the same ARF's out there made under different brand names. If a company had a huge amount of ARF's made up for a major brand name company and that brand name company does not buy as many as last year why stop there. I can assure you those made up ARF's will get sold to someone. That is the reason why the company makes the planes is to make money. Why stop sales or destroy the extra ARF's laying around the company when they can make money buy maybe changing a few colors then selling.

A friend of mine bought a Yak and Katana a while back from a company that was not known. He couldnt be happier with his purchase. We compared to other brand names out there and there was either very small changes or they was pretty much the same thing. To this day he is enjoying a kick ass plane that only lacks a decal that has a brand logo on it.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:09 PM
bodywerks

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: isaacslaw

You are right, 99% of all ARF's are made in China. But QUALITY ARF companies, like Hangar 9, Great planes, QQaircraft, Aeroworks, Extremeflight, etc. actually spend the time to design their planes and contract with a manufacturer in China to build that design to their specs. Well, some manufacturers will build the planes and sell them as their own design to no-name Arf distributors, where they then end up on ebay. If this guy will not reveal the company, it is probably one of these "knockoffs". That's the short version of it - it can actually be very complicated.
I will not knock anyone for buying one, but you will hear an "I told you so" from me if/when you have problems with the plane, or break something, and you have no one to turn to for a warranty claim or even parts.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Rfabbre
My Feedback: (6)

Some very good quality AFRs also come from Thailand. I understand most of the Wild Hare planes came from there until about a year ago.