Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Which Prop

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Which Prop

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 10:57 PM
jvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Prop

I am building a seagull yak with a saito 125, I was thinking 16x6. Which brand of prop is better, I have a couple MAS 16x6 K Series props on my bench but noticed today that most club members at my field use the gray APC props. What would you recommend. I will be flying "sport" to start with and plan to move to 3d with time.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:18 PM
RaceCity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which Prop

Fly the one that works best based on your own trials. Really. Try several different ones and decide which you prefer in YOUR set up. Nobody here knows what you want, or what you expect. Using the prop everybody else uses is no assurance you're getting the best from your plane. It only means you're running with the pack, and doing the "popular" thing. Safe bet most of the others are using "X" prop, because they saw somebody else doing it.

Try a few...find out for yourself, and then you'll KNOW which one is best.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:47 AM
jvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Prop

My hope was to avoid buying a ton of $12-$20 props to test. I don't really want to reinvent the wheel when it has been done already. I wouldn't mind buying a few more for testing but any recommendations would be helpful.