Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

gas, nitro ?'s

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

gas, nitro ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 01:51 PM
dzydvl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas, nitro ?'s

gas or nitro when a plane calls for say a 50cc gas what is the nitro equvalint in 4stroke. and what is the big differance between gas and nitro besides the fuel type.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Flying freak

Default RE: gas, nitro ?'s

Well i dont evan know if you could get a 4s glow thats teh same size as a 50cc (maybe a sait 220?) but why would you want to? i mean your goign to ahve to carry HUGE (30+oz) of glow fuel which is not only expensive but heavy think about paying 5$ a flight id go with a 50cc gas and carry much less fuel. (and the fuel is alot cheaper too)

just checked a saito 2.2 is ~36 cc and the other thign is dont forget the plane was made to abalnce with a gas engine your goign to ahve a hard time with glow not mention you will ahve to run a pump or somthing to get the fuel from the wingtube to the engine (30 oz behind the firwall will be a pain on the balance...)
Old 09-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Flying freak

This is probably as close as you will get to 50cc in a 4c glow engine http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...dID=SAIE325R5D note the prop range is about the same as a 50cc gas i dont know the exact fuel consuption but i can tell you its goign to be VERY high and also look out for the cost [:@] (we can count that those numbers were probably taken using 30%nitro fuel and thats gonna get real costly real fast.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:15 PM
dzydvl

ok so gas is for the BIG planes, then how big of a plane can you resonably fly on glow?
Old 09-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Flying freak

well id say that like 25% is about the mid point its were some go with big glow and others go with gas its actully kinda of a iffy zone that is hard to choose equipment for (27~28% is normally seen as 50cc)
Old 09-12-2007, 01:48 AM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

I fly an Extreme Flight Yak.It is 74 inches and weighs under 12 pounds.Power is by an OS 160 2 stroke.
This is about the border where Nitro meets gas for an aerobatic, 3D plane.

If you want to fly scale ,a nitro engine can fly some larger warbird and civilian aircarft 80 -95 inch (roughly) where excessive power is not needed.