Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

wanting to learn about 3D planes

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

wanting to learn about 3D planes

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 05:00 PM
porkboy125

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanting to learn about 3D planes

i have a .61 supertiger and i want to start learning how to fly 3D i have been looking at a Extra 260 50 - 53.5" 3D does anyone know if that would be a good plane to start with ANY SUGGESTIONS??
Old 11-23-2007, 05:47 PM
acarter

Default RE: wanting to learn about 3D planes

I dont' know much about the extra but that 61 would power a hanger 9 twist 40 pretty good.

Happy Shopping
Old 11-23-2007, 07:55 PM
porkboy125

what about a aerowoks edge 540t i think it calls for a .46 to .61 would the .61 beable to hover the plane and do vertical manuvers?
Old 11-23-2007, 10:23 PM
randomhero86
Banned

yes! the aeroworks edge is the best plane for you at this step if you can handle a basic low wing. with the cg foward it flys like a sport plane. with the cg back it flys like a 3d plane.
good luck. and the twist is also good but no were near as nice as the aw edge
Old 11-23-2007, 10:36 PM
porkboy125

how do you adjust the cg do you move the battery and reciver foward or backward or do you have to add wieght and another thing will the .61 beable to hover aw edge?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:25 AM
randomhero86
Banned

for 3d you move the batt to the rear of the radio bay. and for sport you move it to the front. the exact messurements will be in the manule. and yes this motor will hover it. i have flown one with a os 61 fx saito 91 fs and saito 100. and each motor was great! nothing beats a saito 100, but the 61 had tons of power. it is a 40 size plane after all.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:17 PM
porkboy125

thank you for all the info i also have an os .91 4s but it needs some work what kind of servos do u reccomend that i use?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:44 AM
TimChurch
My Feedback: (1)

I would recommend that you go to your local field and find the very best 3d flyer you can and learn from him,

A lot of money can be waisted on SoCalled 3d planes , that will never teach you anything (Marketing has 3d on all planes). People in these forums, have a habbit of recommending what they fly or their buddy sells or the company they work for sells. Not that they are trying to miss lead Just for the most part they don't know any better or may not even fly 3d.

If you want to learn 3d, you need a plane made for 3d only, Not a Scale plane. After you learn on a good 3d plane , then get you a nice scale plane.

Just a thought, Your welcome to contact me for recommendations. I'd perfer PM as everybody wants to argue and I don't care to

Mike
Old 11-26-2007, 07:13 PM
randomhero86
Banned

i agree with you. but i honestly think this will be a good plane for him to start with. and it looks good. thats aways a plus. i know your thinking.. mojo! but idk. maybe i need to think more as a beginer but at the point im at. thats why i enjoy to fly. i have flown the stock mojo and the moass one. i like them both. but i dont like profiles all that much.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:45 PM
S.A.N.T.A

go to www.nitromodels.com you will get a great selection for what you are looking for.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:47 PM
S.A.N.T.A

i mean http://www.nitroplanes.com/
sorry
Old 12-07-2007, 07:58 AM
TimChurch

ORIGINAL: randomhero86

i agree with you. but i honestly think this will be a good plane for him to start with. and it looks good. thats aways a plus. i know your thinking.. mojo! but idk. maybe i need to think more as a beginer but at the point im at. thats why i enjoy to fly. i have flown the stock mojo and the moass one. i like them both. but i dont like profiles all that much.
No No I wasn't thinking Mojo,, ................. I was thinking MOJO 60 no moass or burrito ,

Really I was thinking you need a buddy to fly with that can help you along the way,, I see where you live and you prob. know some of the 3d Bro's there. If you come to my field , Id love to help but bring a turd and how can I help? I can't fly a turd or teach you how You need to have at least a fair 3d plane for me to be able to help. Some of the 3d fliers up there may perfer a Twist to 3d with show up with a MOJO they will all be jealous and refuse to help
Old 12-10-2007, 01:54 PM
1THEPALMER

Get a Mojo and sell the Supertiger, It will not have the low throttle control needed to fly 3D.
Use the coin from the sale to finance a modern engine purchase.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:10 AM
crazygiova

hello,i have a seagul edge 540 60 and i dont know how to do the harrier ,i think my mistake it the cg ,can you tell me how do i adjust the cg to do 3d,
i have a supertiger 90 on it ,have a lot power,
can you tell me what kind or size of prop can i use on it just for do 3d on this airplane ???

please

thanks
Old 01-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Daniel Z

I would choose a inspire 60, really great performer and also has the looks
anyway a 4stroker helps 3d because of reliability and bigger props
Old 01-25-2008, 12:34 PM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Inspire is a great plane, but I dont know that I would choose it to start learning. Its flies awesome, but its not going to take crashes very well.

If I had it to do all over again, no fooling around I would start out with a MOJO 60 and a Saito 1.00 or equivalent. It is the toughest, and best flying 3D plane I have flown other than the big stuff. You can just beat the heck out of it and it stays togehter and its a very inexpensive plane to build. Yes, build. But its a very simple assemble and you can have it ready to go in no time flat if you stay at it.

I started with a U CAN DO which was a good plane to start with but a little but fragile as well.

The Mojo flies so good and is just so doggone tough I cannot think of a better plane to learn with.