Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Giant Scale Planes Edge 540 80" problem

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Giant Scale Planes Edge 540 80" problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 06:47 PM
conetcarter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giant Scale Planes Edge 540 80" problem

Does anyone konw anyting about this aircraft. I have just installed a Zenoah G-45 on it and the Cowl does not fit. shaft is going all the way through the cowl opening almost to the engine as if it is to long. Is the box to long or am i just not doing it right? any help would be greatly appricated.

Thanks
Chase
Old 12-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

Default RE: Giant Scale Planes Edge 540 80" problem

That's probably going to require some pictures being posted. Okay, I just looked at the plane on the site and it looks like an electric plane and not a gas setup. Never seen a gas plane made like that but I guess there's always a first time. Normally the electrics have that short hatch behind the cowl and the gas have the entire front and cockpit lift off. Not sure what you can do with that other then bolt the engine to the firewall or shorten the firewall. They may want it bolted flush on the firewall.
http://www.giantscaleplanes.com/edge540_80.htm
Old 12-28-2007, 07:05 PM
conetcarter

i have it bolted all the way flush to the firewall and even with that the cowl doesnt even make it to the wood blocks that they screw into.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

Yeah, You may want to ask RCKen, Bubbagates, or one of the other guys to look at the plane but I'd say it's set up for electric only. Okay, I pm'd Matt Kircsh, the mod in the electric forum and asked him to look at it for you.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:46 PM
1THEPALMER
My Feedback: (1)

You will have to cut down the motor box then reinstall the firewall. Work out how much you need to remove, mark the location for the new firewall before cutting then hack away. Pin and glue the firewall into place and remount your motor. Better to take off a little too much and have to space out the engine. Looking @ the link I would be tempted to add some material into the gear mount area
Old 12-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Hmm, the website calls for a 2.7-3.2 CI engine. No mention of electric.

The Zeonah G42 is going to be a bit longer than one of the other 50cc engines with electronic ignition. That flywheel makes it longer, and heavier.

To fit the Zenoah, you'll have to shorten the motor mounting box by however much it takes to get the engine back so the cowl will fit.