Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Nitro Models Aerobatic Extra 330 90 3d 63" plane

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Nitro Models Aerobatic Extra 330 90 3d 63" plane

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 11:10 PM
kgeb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Models Aerobatic Extra 330 90 3d 63" plane

Does anyone know anything about the Nitro Model Extra 330 aerobatic 90 63" plane. How its built, flies 3D etc or any of the other 300 or 330l's.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:29 AM
bjor

Default RE: Nitro Models Aerobatic Extra 330 90 3d 63" plane

there are a couple of threads scattered around on this - I think there's one in the Nitro support forum - do a search. It's very lightly built but is a nice aerobat. I have a 120FS in mine - a bit overpowered but flys great.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:35 PM
nimrim

Mr bjor

I am struggling with one now. I have a Saito 91 engine. The battery and a good pound of lead under the cowl is what are needed to balance at the 127mm CG point shown on the plan. How much lead did you use to balance your Extra? We have not done a maiden as yet because of an unrelated engine problem. The engine did run long enough to break the lite ply next to the wood motor mount from vibration. I have heard that some folks have made this airplane fly. Nitro Models is too busy covering their hip pockets to help or they don’t know their products well enough to talk about them. What tips can give me?

FYI. There are two good sites that describe Aeronautics and CG very well. The CG and equilibrium point that lets the plane fly must be close. Nitro Models is incorrect when he says the CG point moves.

http://www.lerc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/index.html

http://www.geistware.com/rcmodeling/index.htm

Old 12-21-2008, 10:29 PM
bjor

Hi Nimrim. I have an ASP 120 FS up front and NO extra lead, I aslo have the throttle servo mounted up front as well in the ply engine mount. The fuel tank is located behind the firewall. I used a C.G calculator and measured 125.5 from the leading edge. The plane flies light despite the overpowered engine and has no bad tendancies. I have not had any trouble with the way the engine mounts into the ply frame. I did however apply extra glue to the ply frame to strengthen it against engine vibrations.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_52...a%2C330/tm.htm