Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Funtana X 50 and engine fitting help!

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Funtana X 50 and engine fitting help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 01:26 AM
victorzamora

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Funtana X 50 and engine fitting help!

I did NOT like my X50. I didn't like the S40 or the S90 that I flew. I have never been impressed by how they fly....however, landing is incredible. it slows to a CRAWL and just floats for days!! Had it have had more KE authority I would've been a lot more tolerant of its other bad habits. Two maneuvers the x50 really did well were snap rolls and inverted elevators. As a general sports plane, it did VERY well. However, I was hoping for a 3D monster and didn't get anything close.

Tibcsyke, that's a great-looking picture!!
Old 08-25-2009, 03:19 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I have 5 seasons on a F40 and a F50X. The snap I have seen is a high speed stall. Tight corners are a problem. I liked mine until I bought a OMP Fusion. Like you I thought profiles were ugly, still do. But after flying one my F50X is gathering dust. I have flown it 5 times on the last 12 months. I have the 52" and 67" Fusion. I fly the 67" 90% of the time. The Fusion is also more of a 3D/pattern plane instead of all out 3D. Like you ,watching a plane that looks like a napkin stuck in the wind dose nothing for me. This 67" Fusion with a Saito 1.25 is however the best plane I have ever flown. There are no bad habits or things to watch for. To give you an idea of how good it is, the second best thing I have had my hands on was a 35% Carden Cap. The Cap was as true but lacked the power to weight.

David
Old 08-29-2009, 10:00 PM
friedclutch

Thanks for the good discussion guys. I went over to OMP's site and checked out the Fusion. It actually doesn't look bad! I havn't seen a Fusion in action yet. Too bad our flying fields are so far appart Dave. The big Saito probably sounds sweet on that plane..

BTW... Victor, What plane/engine did you end up getting?
Old 08-30-2009, 02:26 AM
victorzamora

What do you mean?
Old 08-30-2009, 01:32 PM
friedclutch

When you said that you didn't like the F50, it sounded like you were speaking in 'past tense'. I was thinking that you went to a defferent plane that you liked better.

Edit- After re-reading my post I can see how my question was confusing! My bad.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:58 AM
victorzamora

No problem. Yeah, I sold it when I moved back to the US (about 2 years ago). I haven't had one since, and have NO intentions of ever buying another one. Let me put it this way, if a friend gave me a Funtana ARF on the condition that I had to keep it and couldn't sell it....I'd refuse to take it.

But hey, I'm not trying to trash talk the Funtanas because a lot of people love them religiously.