Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

H=9 Funtana's are here!!

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

H=9 Funtana's are here!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 10:13 PM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default H=9 Funtana's are here!!

Got my first shipment of them and it looks awesome!! You can't tell from the pics but the bottom of the surfaces are all transparent yellow. One of them is definitely getting put aside for me.

Later
Red
www.redshangarone.com
Old 06-21-2003, 02:12 AM
UCDme3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got mine

I work at my local hobby shop and I got my Funtana today.. Decals are pretty gay and are already put on... But the structure and design of the plane is pro!! Definantly got money's worth.. Go with nothing but the Saito 72... If this turns into a 72 or 100 UCD debate I'm gonna shoot something... Planes almost done, should be ready to fly by sunday.. Post more results later...
Old 06-21-2003, 08:37 AM
lagCisco

where can i buy one?

horizon doesnt seem to have them in stock yet.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:49 PM
UCDme3D

The online retailers don't have them yet... I work at Venture hobbies in chicago and we got 6 and they are all taken, we're getting 13 more in on tuesday... and we do ship items... You'll have to talk to a manager about shipping to LA.... but you can call us... go to venturehobbies.com and find the phone number if your interested.
Old 06-21-2003, 01:40 PM
TimC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red, there is no mention of the Funtana at your website.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:40 PM
hookedonrc

I just picked up mine an hour ago at my LHS. I am going to put an OS 51 SP on it. Can't wait till I get it in the air. What a great looking plane!
Old 06-22-2003, 01:47 AM
arniebarn

dgoods,how dose the funtana fly,also whut dose it weigh and whut engine did you put in it,whut is your alt above sea level,thanks arnie.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:01 AM
UCDme3D

Saito 72 would be the only way to go with this plane... the design is just pristined for the 72...
Old 06-22-2003, 12:20 PM
hookedonrc

UCDme3D: Ok, you got my attention. Can you clarify something, what do you mean by "pristined for the 72"? I am open to opinions on this since I just bought the plane yesterday. Don't have the engine yet and still can change my plans. Other than the obvious sound differences, is the 72 performance that much better than the OS 51SP? Or can you direct me to where I can make those comparisons? I was told by my LHS to plan on using a 14x4 W prop with the OS51, any insights into how that might change with the Saito?

Any information would be appreciated.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:44 PM
LancelowDowell

I built mine last night, and put the 72 on. This plane was truely designed for this motor. Dropped right in, and it balanced perfectally. No added weight at all. When they designed this plane, they specifically built it for the saito 72.... Anything bigger would be too heavy, and the 72 gives more power then any other engine in it's size. I'm heading out to the field in a few minutes to fly, so I'll let you guys know how it goes later
Old 06-22-2003, 12:52 PM
robert

ehh, the I think the YS 63 has more power. A guy did a couple of tests, and saw the YS spinning same prop faster. Sebastiano used a YS 63 in his proto.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:37 AM
Jschulwdw
My Feedback: (3)

hey Josh... You're welcome. I hope the building and first flight went well. Can't wait to get mine Tuesday. See you then.

Jeff
Old 06-23-2003, 06:00 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Man do I want one hehehe! I looked through the manual, I do not like the carbon fiber rod supports how they have them mounted the way they are... can anyone back them up?
Old 06-23-2003, 02:30 PM
dorjes
My Feedback: (19)

Am pretty close to having mine built. Am using a YS .63. The hinge slots in the wing and ailerons were both too shallow and off line , which required a little work. I was amazed that the stab and wing were square with one another without additional work. The fin was not aligned and took some sanding in the pocket to align and epoxy in straight. One thing a couple of people have mentioned already is the landing gear plate. I might beef mine up and add a third screw and blind nut to the gear. Don't have a clue how the carbon fiber tail braces will hold up , but they were easy to install.

All in all, pretty positive so far. Sure like having the motor mount blind nuts already installed!

Dorin Luck
Old 06-23-2003, 03:51 PM
mtthomps
My Feedback: (2)

I have a spare Saito .91 20 oz with muff. What does the .72 with muff weigh?