Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: any ideas?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

any ideas?

Hey everyone, I am having trouble deciding what plane i want. I have a Chip Hyde Cap-x that i am stipping everything off of because of some damage from a deadstick. It has a Saito 2.20, 5 Hitec HS-5645MG's, and Spektrum. I am looking for a plane that will do 3D with no trouble using the parts listed above. I am kinda leaning toward an Aero-Works QB .90-1.20 Yak 54, but I am deffinately wanting something that is a mid-winged aircraft, such as a Yak or Extra. I already have a Hangar 9 Extra 260 with a 50cc engine on it. I also have a Sullivan Skywriter smoke pump that i might look at adding to the plane depending on weight, wing loading, etc. Thanks, Wes
    http://www.aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=288
    Owensboro Isotopes RC Club
    www.owensboroisotopesrcclub.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: any ideas?

i think it would be very nose heavy with that engine, it weighs 40 ounces, and just for comparison an OS 120ax weighs about 29 ounces with muffler. With all that weight upfront and the weight required to balance it will take most of the positive flight characteristics out of it..Thats just one man's POV
    \"Propellers are notorious for inflicting serious bodily harm while vigorously defending their space\" George Aldrich