Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

any ideas?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 09:22 PM
highfly24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any ideas?

Hey everyone, I am having trouble deciding what plane i want. I have a Chip Hyde Cap-x that i am stipping everything off of because of some damage from a deadstick. It has a Saito 2.20, 5 Hitec HS-5645MG's, and Spektrum. I am looking for a plane that will do 3D with no trouble using the parts listed above. I am kinda leaning toward an Aero-Works QB .90-1.20 Yak 54, but I am deffinately wanting something that is a mid-winged aircraft, such as a Yak or Extra. I already have a Hangar 9 Extra 260 with a 50cc engine on it. I also have a Sullivan Skywriter smoke pump that i might look at adding to the plane depending on weight, wing loading, etc. Thanks, Wes
http://www.aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=288
Old 07-26-2009, 11:42 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: any ideas?

i think it would be very nose heavy with that engine, it weighs 40 ounces, and just for comparison an OS 120ax weighs about 29 ounces with muffler. With all that weight upfront and the weight required to balance it will take most of the positive flight characteristics out of it..Thats just one man's POV