Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cermark Extra 260 70

Hey Guys,

I was thinking about getting this plane with either the spe 26cc, or the 28cc MLD. They say 8.8, to 10lb. If it hits 10, the cubic wingloading is only 9.1. seems pretty good. Definitly capable of 3d.

Can't beat the price either. Link here...
    http://www.cermark.net/Show.php?TID=109&PSN=1813

Would you say go for it? Stay away? Other suggestions?

Thanks for your help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Cermark Extra 260 70

That motor pulled the 70" Yak around just fine with power to hover. Pull out was ok, not dramatic but not flat either.
    Andy - Helicopter Forum Moderator
    AMA 77227 Leader Member- Contest Director
    www.JaxRC.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That is one of the best flying planes i have you wont go wrong with it,there isn't anything that plane cant do,go for it.
    Just do the normal triangle stock around the fire wall and motor mount area, and if your building skill will allow you,put twin servos
    for the elevator there is a spot for it.As for the engine i have a spe 26cc in mine,however i put a big bore carb on it and now im turning
    8300 with a 16/8 apc. i think the spe 28 just might be a better choice or if you really want something awsome get the new SYSSA 30cc thats comming out soon.I hope to get one myself.http://www.syssaaircraft.com/index.html
    All in All that is a great plane,
    Good Luck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: trpastor

Hey Guys,

I was thinking about getting this plane with either the spe 26cc, or the 28cc MLD. They say 8.8, to 10lb. If it hits 10, the cubic wingloading is only 9.1. seems pretty good. Definitly capable of 3d.
    When you say cubic wing loading I suppose you are refering to what some call Wing Volume Loading (WVL), which I understand a good number is in the 7's. I don't care for this number on smaller planes but the Wing Loading at 10 lbs comes to about 23.7 oz/sq ft which is pretty good for a "heavy" build. At 8.8 lbs things get better and WVL gets into the 8's and WL = 20.9.

If you went glo - what size engine would you use? 2 stroke 1.20? A .90 seems to small for 8.8 lbs.

The plane looks like it flys great on the video. Gotta love the landing