Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Prop help please

I am building a plane for a friend and need prop advice. The plane is a ultra stick lite 1.20 engine is a FZ 1.10 ys. What prop would give me the best prefromance . I know he should have gotten the 1.80 Gk.

RE: Prop help please

I would start with a 17x4 APC wide or a wood Zinger 17x5
    The dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

SantiagoReg Metropolitana, Providencia, CHILE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

16x4w APC for 3d or 15x8 APC for a mixed flight, I have also tested a 16x6 Mas, a 17`prop is too much

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

APC 16x6 is great stuff for general flying ... you should get peak RPM of about 9,750+ on 25% nitro. The 17x5 wood will be interesting. Start with a 16x6 ... was nice when I used it on the Funtana 90 and the Seagull Harrier 90.
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice ...
    Revver Brotherhood No. 232

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: xxl

I am building a plane for a friend and need prop advice. The plane is a ultra stick lite 1.20 engine is a FZ 1.10 ys. What prop would give me the best prefromance . I know he should have gotten the 1.80 Gk.
    I have the H-9 1.2 Ultra Stick Lite airplane with the YS110. Mine weighs 9lbs 0ozs. It is a great combo. I love the set up. I've always used the APC 16x6 prop on my 110s. It gives excellent thrust and works great for me. The 17x4 is nicer for hovering but that's the only place it's better.
    Good luck with your project. And......I don't think you should have gone with the Satio 180. The mighty 110 will work great for this set up if you keep it light.
    thanks
    Barry