Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Peak Models, feedback?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Peak Models, feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 10:22 AM
trpastor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peak Models, feedback?

Hey Guys

this plane looks really nice for the money
http://www.peakmodel.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=650

I've heard of peak models before, but I can't remember if it was bad or good.

This plane has a foam turtle deck it looks like and seems to just be done well. Carbon fiber landing gear, tubes, good hardware it seems. What do you think?
Old 08-04-2009, 09:29 AM
DreamingTree1027
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Peak Models, feedback?

I have heard good things about Peak Model in general. Nothing about this plane though. I am not a fan of the MLD 28, I would think you might prefer a different engine if you want to 3d well. It would do fine but I am just not a fan of the small gassers in general.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:43 AM
rednekk58

i got their yak 54b 25%, but got the spe 43 combo. plane went together easy. i chose a split elevator which the hardware wasn't supplied for that, even though they give you that option. i used all the hardware they supplied excet for elevator. it was good. spe 43 had the timing way off and had to remove the screws that hold it on and used silicone and a zip tie to secure it in the right place. only flown it twice so far. seems like a very aerobatic plane. no manual, but their online manual was good enough if you've built a few. this is my first gasser. used high torqe servos all aroung except throttle. cermark sells the same planes basically here in the states. you'll get it quicker.
hope that helps a little.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:08 PM
az3d
My Feedback: (59)

I purchased two planes from them over the last couple of years. Both were ok but needed things adjusted, not quite right. I would not buy one as a first plane. If you are looking to save money they are ok. If you can buy a new or used quality airframe ie. quique, hanger 9, aeroworks etc that would be much better. They are built well and are designed around specific engines. I think in the end you will be happier. If you insist on peak model find someone that has one and follow thier set up. It will save you money and a headache.