Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Futaba fasst 2.4??????

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Futaba fasst 2.4??????

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 05:59 AM
custards1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba fasst 2.4??????

Well **** happened today.
Its the first time we have had any issue with any planes.
To start with it was maiden flight on a small 40 size scratch built low wing sports type plane called a cracker jack. it had a brand new futaba fasst 7 channel rx and dad was flying on his new fga12. take of went ok i was helping him trim the plane when he said i lost it? the plane went in a spiral turn and went in. dad had no control at all. very strange. We spent the rest of the day trying to work out what went wrong. the battery 1100mah 4.8v nicad was not new but still in good working order and had just been charged within the last 30 mins. from what we can tell the plane lost all power. when we got to the plane it was working fine? we have since retested the battery with a load meter and checked out to 5.0 volts so fine. the plane did not go into fail safe as the motor power did not come out nor did it come out when the stick was move back at the time. the plane is runnig 5 servos 4 standed hitecs and 2 minis on the rons so should not be able to draw anywhere enough power to spike the pack below safe. and from what we tested after there is no reboot time so should have come back online if it did . we can not see and lose connection and still working fine after the event. dad and i both flew after on 2.4 and did not have any issues at all. i would like to get to the bottom of this as we have both spent alot of money buying in to it

Please help?
Old 10-03-2009, 08:48 PM
SPADinfluence
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Futaba fasst 2.4??????

Which Transmitter were you using? Were you in range check mode? I have a 7c 2.4gh and have had no issues. Sounds like you simply had a range problem, or were pointing the short antennae in the transmitter at the aircraft. Are the small antennae in the plane routed 90 degrees apart?
Old 10-04-2009, 09:22 AM
bonebreak

Default RE: Futaba fasst 2.4??????

I also have a Futaba 7C 2.4, and have not seen the issue you are talking about. I always do a range check by pushing and holding the dial in, then powering on. It will say "pwr dn.". Could this have possibly been the problem?