RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   3D Flying! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-flying-82/)
-   -   Fliton RC comeback? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-flying-82/11230181-fliton-rc-comeback.html)

cmansbridge 09-16-2012 12:18 PM

Fliton RC comeback?

Hi everyone. I am conducting some market research on Fliton RC. Fliton ceased manufacturing in 2009 and I would like to try and bring fliton back with a better quality of service, no more quality issues and ease of availability for spares. Also with a new line of aircraft as well as the old. So my question is this: How many of you would purchase form the "new" fliton?.

cmansbridge 09-16-2012 01:19 PM

RE: Fliton RC comeback?

any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys!.

zacharyR 09-16-2012 06:11 PM

I think the product would speak more then the name for example it would just really matter the plane and the products your puting out ...

if you put out a good airframe at a good price with good support you'll win ..

hard to say ill buy x plane just for the name ... I would really have to know its strong and flys great ....

cmansbridge 09-17-2012 03:18 AM

Thank you!. Good answer!, and how would you go about finding out if its strong and flys great?.

zacharyR 09-17-2012 07:26 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: cmansbridge

Thank you!. Good answer!, and how would you go about finding out if its strong and flys great?.
[/quote
get a good pilot and demo the living snot out of your product .. .. and reviews for example RCU reviews products ...
once's people get a feel for the product and they start buying it ... the product will show up at local fields and if people will start asking questions ..

if you contact a MOD i think they do review's like davopam ? or barrcuahocky ?

cmansbridge 09-17-2012 02:08 PM

OK, thank you for your input.

cmansbridge 09-17-2012 02:13 PM

I will keep this post going for about a month if anyone else has any other comments they would like to add please feel free to do so.

nitro wing 09-18-2012 06:16 PM

I'd give fliton a try for sure

cmansbridge 09-19-2012 01:04 AM

Great. Fliton have produced some very good planes in the past that have had attracted some very good flyers such as Andrew Jeskey and Mike Williams. I own a fliton 330s 120c, it is very stable in flight and feels like it would do every trick in the book. If the market is there I will be getting another one for myself.

nitro wing 09-19-2012 07:54 PM

yes, I had my eye on that also, and the smaller 300? 60 someting "? long gone, but great reviews for the most part.
If fliton is getting back in, they need to adress the 20, 30 and 50cc gasoline market and have electric versions and parts and service, that is the winning combo right, now.
No parts, no service, no market.

airraptor 09-19-2012 08:26 PM

Yes i would buy some as they flew great. I still have my Fliton AJ. i really like the smaller ones in the 18-22 ounce range for 450 size motors.

cmansbridge 09-20-2012 01:09 AM

Thank you. Keep your comments and support comming!. I am taking notes on everything that's being said so the end product of all of this will be a quality on line retailer that you will want to keep comming back to.

nitro wing 09-20-2012 06:30 AM

online only? or will some be on store shelves?
Great hobbies in Canada did carry fliton for some time, I 'd rather buy from a local LHS than online and deal with international shipping and duties etc.

cmansbridge 09-20-2012 01:57 PM

There will be some on the shelves eventually. This is so I can keep a tighter quality control on the first few shipments.

nitro wing 09-20-2012 04:39 PM

I 'd take one of the larger offerings around
20 to 50cc
For an online build/fly/review 😊

Uncas 09-20-2012 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: nitro wing

yes, I had my eye on that also, and the smaller 300? 60 someting ''? long gone, but great reviews for the most part.
If fliton is getting back in, they need to adress the 20, 30 and 50cc gasoline market and have electric versions and parts and service, that is the winning combo right, now.
No parts, no service, no market.
I agree - this the future. Glow is dieing. Design for gas or electirc.

It would be nice if there was a good pattern plane designed for gas.

nitro wing 09-20-2012 06:44 PM

I do have powerplants of all kinds and sizes, but am a die hard nitro guy too,
the OS 160 and YS 140 are 2 nitro motors that absolutely kick ass for sound, power and the 160 is a fuel sipper and has a power band of a YS 125 dirtbike, the YS 140 not so much, but the sound is outstanding, with torque down low like an electric.
I will keep these 2 motors for some 20cc to 35cc class planes, everything else is electric or gasoline.

LostParts 10-10-2012 04:48 PM

Duel use on a small scale ( EP and Nitro)!!  I miss my Rouge bipe!   Small Nitro crazy 3der.     THE MOST FUN I HAVE EVER HAD WITH AN AIRPLANE Hands Down. I would take two more right now, stunning.

sushi2me 10-15-2012 11:10 AM

I first had a Fliton Quiet Storm a number of years ago that I purchased directly from Fliton for $99.99 with only a $10 shipping charge - due to my financial situation at the time, I sold it through RCUniverse's Classifieds as a FULL kit with recommended Hacker-compatible brushless A20-20L 1050Kv EP motor, 18a ESC, 9g TowerPro Servos, APC Props, DuBro Plastic Spinner, etc. At the time, the plane was highly thought of not only because of the Fliton name, but also because of it's quality AND because of it's incredible stability (read: "fly-ability"). I sold the whole shebang for just over $200 plus shipping (a "steal" at the price - I stayed in touch with the buyer by RCUniverse's Private Messaging and it turned out that he was VERY happy with it!

While browsing through AliBaba Chinese Toy Manufacturer's listings, I found a company that carried (manufactured and distributed?) virtually the whole line of Fliton planes at low prices, including the Andrew Jesky model(s). It makes you wonder? (especially since so much stuff is manufactured in China these days). A lot of people have visions of dirt-floored garage-type ships BUT they really have quite modern factories.

I've now had in my "waiting" list of planes to be built during the winter (winter is for building, modifying, repairing RC planes, boats, cars & trucks), a Fliton Rogue Pattern & 3D Biplane). Following the forum's varied recommendations in "build-it" reviews, I've purchased EVERYTHING that I need to build this one over the coming winter - Hacker motor and ESC, Hitec HS16's hi-torque servos all around, planning to/going to use my 2.4GHz Turnigy 6-channel radio. (It's the same as the Eurgle, FlySky, HobbyKing, etc. - a REALLY good radio loaded with MANY features and barely costing $50 for the Tx, Rx, & LiPo Transmitter Battery from Hobby King! They have their own version of this radio in both 4 and 6 channel versions, and extra receivers are super cheap at less than $10 - if you look at the higher priced models of radio like Futuba, JR, Airtronics and the like, costing well above $200).

I will post pictures as the build goes along

Rmsj92 10-20-2012 03:27 PM

<span style="font-size: medium"><span style="line-height: 115%">It would be great when Fliton returns, still my best flying plane, the Extra 330 Freestyle. I have two complete planes, and one late model version still in the box.
My best planes ever in 25 years .
I have flown everything from Chip Hydes to Andrew Jesky's planes, and still love my Flitons the best.
All electric every one.
By far the most fun for the money, and do every maneuver in the book. Also great looking models.
Please come back , because when my last Flitons are gone its going to be tough to replace them.</span></span></p>

Rmsj92 10-20-2012 03:34 PM

By the way does anybody know who designed these great models from Fliton?

turboromy 10-28-2012 10:52 PM

I had a chance to meet Fliton owner a few years ago. 
Fliton airplanes were designed by BJ Park. 
Fliton made some interesting and good flying patternships at a low price.  I was very unhappy with coverings though... they did a bit too much to keep the price low.  All other parts were very nice, especially the way it flew.  Smaller low prices kits were not as good as larger ones.

BJ Park has his own lines from BJ Craft.  His patternships are "relatively" cheap compared to brands like Oxai.
Flying and build quality seems very nice.
F3Aunlimited.com carries BJ craft... and I think they are only dealer in US.

As far as I know, BJ Park designs structural part and Yongki did a very good job with external cosmetic design during Fliton days.
Personally, I am not too cray about current paint schemes.
I doubt BJ has any 3D a/c yet, but really wish they do. 

Back to the question, I really miss Inspire60 which had some of very interesting flying characters.
I still have Fliton Element170.  Hope to compete with it after fixing its engine soon.

</p>

Rmsj92 10-29-2012 02:54 PM

Thank you so much!
When my Flitonsfinally die, I am going to BJ Parks planes for sure.
Like I said, best for the money hands down.

husafreak 11-16-2012 03:44 PM

Fliton planes had a distinctive look and color scheme that set them apart. I still have my Inspire Mini and I had a couple of Inspire 60's both electric. I would buy another Fliton aircraft if they were similar in appearance to the old ones. I quit buying them when a wing panel broke off in flight to to no glue in the wing sheeting and I couldn't get any support or response from the company. Note that Fliton today would have to compete with 3D Hobby Shop and Extreme Flight, tough competition for sure!

Thebeef 07-08-2019 07:16 PM

Fliton

was going through old manuals came across my fliton a had several would love to buy another where can i