RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   3D Flying! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-flying-82/)
-   -   Fliton Extra 330 Freestyle Who's Got One? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-flying-82/2524947-fliton-extra-330-freestyle-whos-got-one.html)

trpastor 01-16-2010 11:23 PM

RE: Fliton Extra 330 Freestyle Who's Got One?

Yeah, I was running a satio 100. You weighed it without fuel, right?

I did have 1 elevator servo. I used the pushrod method they recommended. I think I had a micro for the throttle. What MAH is your batterY? Somethign isn't right there. I had an apc and everything else you mentioned sounds about the same except ofr spinner, fuel, battery, so that's why I'm asking about those last 2 again

kgeb 01-16-2010 11:35 PM

I have finished the 330. Total weight was 6 12oz. I have a 1700mah Nicd batt.6volt. Saito 91 apc 15x4w prop, plastic 2 1/2 dubro spinner, dubro 10oz fuel tank (empty),mini servo on throttle, ds821s on ailerons, hs645mg on rudder, single ds821 on elevator with push stock push stick. I could use a lipo battery and regulator but that will only shave an oz or so.
I must have some Chinese balsa/lead.

trpastor 01-16-2010 11:58 PM

Yeah, that's odd. Either the supplier changed or you got a heavy one. Sorry to report that, but I hadn't heard of one coming in that heavy, and like I said, mine was about 5-15 without a spinner. I think I had about the same battery. I didn't have a 645mg, but that's probably only an oz heavier than the ds821 (what i had)

can you think of any other things you may have added to it that would have added weight?

kgeb 01-17-2010 12:03 AM

I weighed this thing with a set of digital fish scales I even thought they may be wrong, checked them with a known test weight, and they were very close. My saito is an older one, but I don't know of any changes in them.

trpastor 01-17-2010 12:18 AM

oh, no, I mean the fliton airframe. I have an aeroworks 60-90 extra, that I had to pull 11 ounces out of to get it down to 6.38lbs. Other guys are "reporting" theirs was 6.4 with pants and no mods. I don't see how, but mabye they got light ones??

kgeb 01-17-2010 12:21 AM

mine is the fliton 330 extra freestyle

Kostas1 01-17-2010 04:41 AM

ORIGINAL: kgeb

mine is the fliton 330 extra freestyle
Anyactualpictures?

trpastor 01-17-2010 10:27 AM

know, I know yours was the fliton, but I'm just saying I had another airframe that people were reporting all different weights. I had mostly seen right around 6lbs with the fliton, but maybe you got a heavier one

Nitro-Tom 05-10-2010 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Darn it!

This past weekend I crashed the Fliton Extra 330s Freestyle......[:@][:@]

This time it's for good, fuse was busted up bad, one wing desintegrated inside, etc....

This was my absolute favorite plane so far, and I have 4 more that currently fly....just no where near as well as the Extra did.

Anyone know where to get another one, New In Box?

tIANci 05-10-2010 01:23 PM

I got one NIB but its for keeps. You can try Singapore Hobby Supplies. They may have a couple. Try this:

[link=http://www.singahobby.com/]Singapore Hobby Supplies[/link]

RedwingRC 05-10-2010 01:39 PM

Hey Nitro Tom

How did the engine hold up? Are you starting over? If so you may want to think about a 25% gas plane - priced about the same for engine and plane, and a lot of advantages.

I flew the fliton extra long ago - it was a very good plane but for the pros/cons and price, I think the 30cc sized planes have much more advantages.

I don't think you can get the Fliton 330 new anymore :(

Tim
www.redwingrc.com

GarySS 05-10-2010 04:28 PM

Hello all, I've got a NIB Fliton Extra 330 that I would part with. I think I might have cut servo covering openings with an X type cut just to see if my servos would fit, but no other work has been done. Singapore Hobbies indicates $384.10 (USD?) for the similar sized Edge, but I didn't see Fliton Extra in this size. I guess I would take $220 plus shipping and I could list it in the Market place to make if official. I would take a NIB Dynaflite Chipmunk in trade :). Thanks Garyss.......

Nitro-Tom 05-10-2010 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I think I am just going to let this one RIP.....[:o]

Really sad....such a nice plane, many comments every time I have it out, and I just can't see spending more than say $225 on this ARF, since it was such a BEAR to build.....

Also, with such limited availability, no parts, etc....seems silly to try to hang on to this model......I guess it's time to let go....so I will post a few pics of my Fliton Extra 330S Freestyle as a tribute to this great flying plane!

Fliton, if you are out there, and you ever start making theses again, and get a good distibutor in the USA you will sell some of these, I guarantee it. Not sure what is wrong with Fliton, but they were looking good with advantage Hobby and that seems to have only lasted a year.....bummer.

I would rather switch over to an Extreme Flight or something I can get parts for, since during the 3 years I had this model I needed a Cowl, Wing Tube, Landing Gear (Twice), Rudder, and Hatch. All these parts were replaced and the canapy was in need soon.

RIP Fliton Extra 330S Freestyle! :D:D

RedwingRC 05-10-2010 09:22 PM

Hey Guys - I know this was a good plane in this size.  I'm specializing in 30cc planes, but it was this plane that made me see small planes can fly good (many years ago now).  I prefer gas, but I'm thinking about bring in some 57" sized planes of the MX2 ... It's a VERY FAST build... fiberglass horns pre cut slots... ball link control linkages!  VERY VERY good quality stuff!  Aerofoiled tail... better in every way in the fuild and parts compared to the fliton
 (http://redwingrc.com/planes/mx2.html)  It flies very much like the fliton, and as you can see by this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ49U2GQxRM it flies VERY good (see it torque roll at 1:50).  They would be $229+ shipping and I would stock cowls canopies and pants.

If anyone is interested in me getting a few of these in, let me know.  I would need to know ASAP!  as I need to finalize my shipment.  It's leaving at the end of May. 

Specs -
span - 57"
Wing area 650in
weight - 4.7-5.5lbs
.72/.82 4 stroke

Aluminum landing gear.   CF wing tube  ... Servo saftey clips

let me know if you have questions... but more importantly, let me know how many of you would be interested as SOON as possible.

msiminoff 05-14-2010 02:47 AM

This is one FANTASTIC airplane!
I maiden'd my Fliton Extra back in November 2006 and have flown it almost every single weekend since then... literally hundreds of flights. I've never had a crash or any other incident and I haven't had to replace any components... still flying with the original cowl, wing tube, landing gear and airframe. (I do fly at a field with a smooth asphalt runway).

IF I were in the market for another .40-.60 size airplane (I'm not) this would be the one. The only thing I would change a thing about the plane is my choice of engine... I installed a Saito 82 and if I did it again I think I'd go with the 91 or 100. I certainly hope that Fliton brings this kit back to the US market. Are you listening Fliton?

I suspect that I'll continue flying my Fliton for a long time to come... but its replacement is sitting on my workbench right now; A Pilot RC 26% Extra.

GarySS 05-14-2010 07:05 PM

Well, maybe I will have to go ahead and build mine. I do have a Saito 1.00 for it. [8D]

RedwingRC 05-14-2010 09:08 PM

Hey Guys - Anyone else interested in the 60-90 size MX2 above.  I need to let them know in the next few days?  Just send me a PM or post it here...
you can see them perform at the links above, and the MX2 that I currently have (30cc) at http://redwingrc.com/videos.html

Guzzi32 07-22-2010 05:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a new in the box blue fliton for 160 plus shipping and a used w/ saito 100, DX7 with R and everything in the picture for 475. I live in Grand Rapids Mi

krayzc-RCU 07-22-2010 10:31 PM

i had mine out about a month ago

motofrk75 11-30-2011 05:13 PM

If anyone is still following this thread, could someone do me a quick favor? I crashed my extra this weekend and the fuse was totaled. Somehow everything else was fine?! I'm going to make the extra into a homemade profile, and need a measurement of the leading edge to the front of the cowl, or the leading edge of the elevator.

Just trying to figure out where the wings are supposed to go :)

Thank you! Hopefully my experiment will make a 3D monster out of the remaining parts of the freestyle

kgeb 11-30-2011 06:48 PM

leading edge of horiz. stab to trailing edge of wing is 18.5"

Advantage hobby has the fuse in stock for $49 in there close out box
Item #FLNEXTFUS033
tail feathers for $18

madbadger 11-22-2012 11:26 AM

Hi I've only been flying for the last 6 months, I bought a 330s the second week I was flying, I went to a model air show and bought a second hand one. I left it in garage for 2 months then got the courage to fly it. All I can say, it's a great plane to fly. Mines EP but it has tons of power, now 6 months down the line, I can knife edge it very easily. Inverted flight, snap rolls and general messing around in the sky. I'm hoping to get better so I can hover it and hope to learn all the 3d moves. I even managed to find a brand new in box recently ( keeping it for spares) Its got the Axi motor, jeti esc and run it on Turnigy 5000 mah 6s lipos it's so quiet when flying. Out of my 11 planes this is my favourite. If I come across another, I will buy that one as well.
Fantastic plane I think, love the colours ( that's what drew me to it in the first place)

Kev

Rmsj92 08-20-2013 01:19 PM

Still flying mine since 2005 best thing ever!
Converted to electric with Hacker Awesome!