Community
Search
Notices
3DFoamy Support Click here to get all your 3DFoamy support questions answered.

Plans vs. Kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Spiccoli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans vs. Kits

Can someone tell me the difference between the Super planes and the planes built from the plans? For example, will the Super Cap built from the kit fly the same as the Cap 232 built from the free plans? I realize one difference is in the wing span. What other differences are there? I have built the Edge 540 from the plans and was very impressed with how it flew. I am looking at building either an Extra or Cap next but would really like to know how the compare to the Supers.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:43 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Plans vs. Kits

Hi, no comparasin from a super to a pro, the airplane is built totally different, and is larger. Both fly awesome, Id say the supers are more durable as well as better in wind.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Spiccoli

Thanks John, I appreciate the info.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:20 AM
WhtBronco

Spiccoli, I'd go with the kit anyway. John sells them cheap enough that any cost difference is minimal and the laser cutting of the foam and lite ply parts is a thing of beauty. There is no way I could cut lite ply that well, the foam I might be able to come close, but it would take a long time. Check out my Advantage bipe build thread in the Electric 3D forum for a few pics of how nice the laser cutting is.