Community
Search
Notices
3DFoamy Support Click here to get all your 3DFoamy support questions answered.

Inrunners?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Spitfire222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inrunners?

Hi everyone,

My first 3D foamy was an E-Flite Tribute using the Park 400 Inrunner motor with gearbox. I was wondering if the 3Dfoamy.com planes have a provision or can be modified for this size inrunner motor? I'm interested in getting one of these planes since I haven't had a 3D foamy in a long time, and I wanted to use all my micro equipment from the Tribute. If not, I'll just have to get an outrunner, which is actually not a big deal considering all my other equipment (ESC, Li-Po's, servos, receiver) should work.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 07-13-2009, 12:16 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Inrunners?

Hi, they can be, I have not used one, is that a stick mount? For the pro planes I use HS55 or similar size/power servo's.

Thanks
Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Spitfire222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi John,

Yes, the gearbox is a stick-type mount, though it can be firewall mounted from the front. The gearbox has screw holes to be mounted behind a firewall, not in front like most outrunners. I have HS-56's that I have loved since getting them!

I should probably get an outrunner anyway, since that seems to be the norm these days. Most 3d type foamies I see are designed for them.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:45 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok, well, your in luck, my pro models do have a stick in them that they can be mounted onto. For an outrunner you would cut that stick off and put a disc in the nose.