RCU Forums - View Single Post - Performance Claims
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 11:12 PM
xilix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Performance Claims

"Will" and "able" are one in the same when describing the abilities or performance of any product. My Mustang is able to to 147mph. It depends on nothing. It's able to. Therefor it will. Which is why I bought it. My graphics card is able to run Half Life 2 like butter. It depends on nothing. Which is why I bought it. My Ipod is able to hold 30GB of storage and display pictures in color. Depends on nothing. Which is why I bought it. See the pattern?

People buy things because of their ABILITIES to do certain things.

"a·ble ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bl)
adj. a·bler, a·blest
Having sufficient power or resources to accomplish something: a singer able to reach high notes; a detergent able to remove stains.

will2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wl)
aux.v. Past tense would (wd)
Used to indicate simple futurity: They will appear later. "

Therefor, if something is ABLE to do something, it WILL. (I should've been a lawyer)

I would be willing to put vast amounts of money down that the new redcat buggy, in the new add on the RCU homepage, in stock trim, is not able to, and therefor will NOT reach 70 miles per hour. No matter what % nitro, no matter what the wind speed is, no matter how lean you run it. It's just not feasible or realistic to make a claim that high. Right now I know of only maybe 2-3 models that come RTR that can attain such high speeds, and they're all onroad cars with some serious stuff under the hood. None of them are Redcats.

ORIGINAL: maxxhavoc

i agree with platinumchopper. if the sentence read that it "will" reach or exceed the specified mph, then you would expect the buggy to go that fast. since it reads "able" to, i can only assume that there are other contributing factors to its claimed mph. maybe 30% gas, different gearing, tailwind, going down hill, and holding your mouth just right. just my .02