RCU Forums - View Single Post - Performance Claims
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 12:18 PM
xilix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Performance Claims

Dude, you're a living, breathing, thinking human being. You have the ability to CHOOSE whether or not you feel like doing sometihng. It's not like you go out and buy a Redcat and one day it just turns around and says to you "hey you know what, I don't FEEL like going 70mph today, so you can just go screw yourself".

We are talking about things that are designed to achieve one thing or another. Either it does it, or it doesn't. Simple. There is no mystical between for a R/C car or any other object. It doesn't have a brain and it cannot think for itself or decide whether it wants to go 70mph or not. And I dunno about you, but where I come from, words have one definition to all people and it's not subjective. There may be a variety of ways to interpret a sentence or word, but only one way is right. You guys can be on the defensive about Redcat products all you want. They're false advertising and I would bet my left nut on it.

Honestly, think about it. Since when do people buy things because of what they MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be able to do? It's not like I went into a Ford dealership and the salesman was like "yeah.. it'll do 147mph....sometimes... maybe... if you use C16 race gas... and take the spoiler off.. and use nitrous... and install better cams and heads.. and delete the rear seats... and use swap out your tranny for a 6-speed ect. ect.." No, it just does it. Plain and simple. My car will go that fast, it depends on nothing, it is able to, that is why I bought it, and that is why everyone buys everything. Because certain products DO certain things. Why not just slap 70mph on every single RTR in the world? Because of course, with an engine upgrade, 30% nitro, new suspension, new tranny.... blah blah blah blah.. anything can go 70mph. Right?

So basically what you're saying is that it's ok for a company to sell a product under false pretenses. Well I and a lot of people out there, including the BBB, think it's wrong. But I guess I'm just one of those crazy people who actually like to get what the product avertises it can do.

ORIGINAL: maxxhavoc

yes i have to agree that those are the dictionary versions of the words. its all about how you personally read and understand what is writen. just because i am ABLE to do something doesnt mean i WILL and if i WILL do it at least ill be ABLE to. i personally view the dictionary as a starting point and not the end. everyone can read the same sentance and each person can get something different from it. besides, how many people take a dictionary shopping with them? anyways istick to my guns and say "just cause its ABLE to doesnt mean it WILL."