Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Solar Or Wind To Charge Field Box Battery?

I don't want to get into a discussion of WHY I'm trying to do this. I have my reasons. Unless you really want to know about my personal problems and physical limitations, I'll just leave it at that.

Trust me, for my condition, it's practical to have a built in charging system on the truck. Be it a solar panel, or a small wind generator that can easily be removed from a base plate and tossed in the back of the truck when I'm driving.

I've checked into a solar panel, but most of them are simply a battery maintainer. They will keep a stored battery topped off and ready for use--but they won't charge a low battery in the amount of time I want. I'd like to be able to charge this battery overnight--or maybe in an afternoon.

There is lots of info about wind generators, but it's all large scale. Used for powering homes and farms in rural areas or off-grid locations.

Kinda looking for something that would use a 30" +/- propeller and a small DC generator for the wind generator. Or a solar panel that will put out 50-100 watts and have a reasonable cost. The only solar panels that I can find are up in the $700-$1000 range for this amount of power output.

My ideal charging system would deliver about 100W of power.