RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should I drop a GP Cub 40 for a different plane?
Old 03-19-2006, 10:17 AM
redfox435cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should I drop a GP Cub 40 for a different plane?

The 40 cub was my second plane. Acually I build 2 of them years ago. lost the first to a radio double[:@] Right now I'm building the 60 cub 10 yrs later, will be a float flier.Build it. It is an exellent second plane and about the best first scale kit out there. If you get bored of it they look awsome hung from the ceiling I put a saito 80 in mine if worked great. really scale at 1/3 throttle. One note: dump the tail wheel and get like a goldberg scale tailwheel. the ground tracking improves by leaps and bounds. I now fly war birds too. A top flite sea fury since war bird are so laborouse to fly its also nice to get something really laid back like a cub. AS mentioned before get a cheap ARF to contiue progression on your flying. I'd say get a Sonic 500. 89 bucks from hobby people and goes preatty good on a cheap 40. really screams with a mild 46 and you gain tail dragger/low wing experiance. looks better without the goofy conopy
[link=http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/127515.asp]sonic 500[/link]