RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/16, 1/18 scale Nitro Off road, I DON'T GET IT!!!!???
Old 03-19-2006, 01:37 PM
carmatic1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/16, 1/18 scale Nitro Off road, I DON'T GET IT!!!!???

yeah , where an electric mini would work, a nitro mini would look completely stupid, way too much power and noise, like who would want a gas engine running in their homes?
but there are some places where 1. its too cramped to fit a 1/8 or 1/10 scale vehicle (like a bmx dirt track that i found a few hours ago) 2. its so far out there that you either lug a few battery packs with you, or you carry an equally heavy bottle of fuel, cuz you aint coming home to recharge anytime soon... in the latter case i think that you could say nitro would kind of work,but so would the roughly equally priced brushless and lipo setup... i prefer electric cuz i could just switch it on and run, gets you where you want to go, and switch it off, with nitro theres the whole romance of starting it up and priming it and whatnot , good for people who have experience with real cars, with 1/18 they can take their passion to even more places like their living rooms... dont suppose it makes that much difference to the air compared to a house full of smokers!