RCU Forums - View Single Post - Emergency Heat only & no air conditioning
Old 03-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Emergency Heat only & no air conditioning

ORIGINAL: Ramones The

Hi guys, Sorry I didn;t reply earlier but I was real busy in the office and didn;t get to check. RCpilet, thank you for taking such great interest in my dilemma. Your offer of diagnosing and looking at pictures was a really kind thing to offer, and I thank you. The guy came this morning and said something about reversing valve not getting energized. He reprogrammed something and the unit seems to be operating normally now. Thank you for the advice guys, it was greatly appreciated !

Ramone
This is a shot in the dark, but there is a solenoid valve that switches the direction of freon through the system. This is only applicable to the heat pump system. If the solenoid valve is faulty, if could be locked in the "heat" side. You will only get heat from the system because the freon is only flowing in the direction required for heat function. It can't flow the right way for cooling to take place.

I do get lucky once in awhile. [sm=thumbup.gif] I kinda figured since you were on the east coast and had a split system that you had a heat pump. The reversing solenoid valve is a common problem.