RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/16, 1/18 scale Nitro Off road, I DON'T GET IT!!!!???
Old 03-19-2006, 10:54 PM
vge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/16, 1/18 scale Nitro Off road, I DON'T GET IT!!!!???

Well guys I agree and disagree. Here is my point, for bashing around in the yard there is no point what so ever for mini nitro. But from a racers point of view. My local hobby shop during the spring stops indoor mini racing. Then they go outside in the parking lot and race 1/10 electric and nitro in a parking lot. Well the track they set up is nice but in reality it is pretty small for 1/10th racing. We get max 3 - 4 1/10th racers on the track at a time. Now you take the same track and put 1/18th nitro and 1/18th electric, it becomes perfect size. Not only is it perfect size for about 5 - 6 cars at once, the racer no longer has to bring a trailer to race I am sure you guys know that when you go 1/10th racing (especially nitro) you need to bring your whole work bench and the large 1/10th scale car or truck. Most of the guys at my LHS track totally agree. If they had come out with 1/18th before 1/10th I am sure the hobby would be so much different now for racing. Parts are much cheaper, hop ups are much cheaper, that means more people can get into the actual racing of the hobby. Before 1/18th most racing depended on how much money you have. Now thats not an issue and now it's about totally driving. Now the new guys can have a setup just as good as the A main guys. Plus the mini's are so much easier to tag around. Many of us leave our mini's in our cars and trucks till the next racing weekend. So I will definitely get both the 1/18th truck and car. My larger 1/10th and 1/8th will start to collect more dust. I dont remember the last time I raced my 1/10 electric.