RCU Forums - View Single Post - OH BOY Big problem, please advise...
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2002, 11:46 PM
seaducer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It works again, but for how long?

Hello all,

Thanks for your suggestions. I plugged the battery directly in to the reciever last night, and the elavator moved ever so slightly when I gave the command. I then plugged the batt. directly into the charger instead of going through the switch, and now everything works fine. Must be the switch, I thought. So I plugged the batt into the switch, figuring nothing would work and I could isolate the trouble that way, but everything works!!?? So, does anybody out there know of any test equipment I can purchase to check out the Rx, etc. Or, does anyone know what type of readout to look for in a meter, if I were to make up a set of test leads? I would like to ind the problem myself, maybe something I did caused it, or if a man. defect have only the bad part replaced.

BTW I didn't mean to imply that this equipment IS cheap stuff, only that IME "beginner" setups usually come with equipment that most advanced users have passed up as inadequate to their needs. If this is mainstream equipment thats great, because I won't have to upgrade until much later on. I do know JR makes allot of radios, and figured this was the "stock" gear, instead of the fully loaded model.

Thanks again,
Drew