RCU Forums - View Single Post - EVF (Electric VioFan) Thrust?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 03:12 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EVF (Electric VioFan) Thrust?

ORIGINAL: R_Belluomini

Robert you must be taking what I said personally. I was just offering my opinion and I did not imply that there are not other vendors out there. I'm glad you have been supplying 120 mm fan setups and that your customers keep their privacy by not posting in this or any other forum. The fact remains that the large edf models are pretty rare for many reasons.

Examples:
Schuebeler officially annouced the release of the HAWK at MWE 2005 it has been 13 months and still no HAWK.
I btw have been number 1 on that list for over three years now!
Aeronaut annouced the 120 mm Rafale over a year ago. Same story, oh I think this model will show up shortly at least that is what I have been told.
For a recent edf project I did I had to wait over 9 months for the motors were they worth the wait, absolutely.

Yes I am frustrated and flat tired of waiting. So are alot of other guys that fly EDF.

Yes I know you have been selling large Wemotec fans. Yes I know Wemotec is working on a new 120 mm fan.

Hey the more the merrier is the way I look at it.

Robert, I wish you all the success you could ever hope for.

Er...the BVM stuff that we are all so excited about is not available either!

I think, though, it must be something of a bitter pill for guys like Chris True and Robert Wagoner, who REALLY pioneered this stuff, to have BV come in and grab all the glory(and the money) with one swell foop with just some off-the-shelf parts in a setup that's not even really cutting edge.
But that is, unfortunately, the way the cookie crumbles. You can bet that five years from now, people will talk about how "BV invented large EDF". Just the way of the world.
But some of us will know differently.