RCU Forums - View Single Post - Workbench ideas?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 09:27 PM
RVM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Workbench ideas?

I will have to go to Lowe's tomorrow and check that out. What did you set the door on? I gotta figure out something to hold it level without warping. I might just use a fold out table or something, though I'm afraid that any imperfections in that will eventually translate into imperfections in the work surface.

I've seen some of the real nice workbenches that have been built (www.airfieldmodels.com for instance), but I'm on a fairly tight budget, so your idea may work out really well. Thanks!
ORIGINAL: bushpilot1966

I tried the Hollow core Door thing along time ago and It works for Many things, However I was building a new work Bench myself lately and stumbled onto something i think worked out well for me. I found a solid core Fire Door at Lowes, It had this Formica like sheeting over the entire door. Cost was around $48.00 and she was thick straight and true. Measurement was about 36"x 80" Ran a contractors level over it that i borrowed from a different isle at Lowes, No runs dips or errors.Worked great for me.

Semper Fi