RCU Forums - View Single Post - Powerstroke shocks and alternatives
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 02:37 PM
TGreg24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Powerstroke shocks and alternatives

yeap there is and i use it on my savage, wa truck do you have because this mod really depends on your truck weight.

ok wat you do is for the inside shock at each corner take the whole shock off, then remove the oil piston and spring. but about 32 weight in with a two or one hole pison. DONT PUT THE SPRING BACK ON LOL. then reassemble the shock and put it back on. then if you want you can take the front one off and put a three hole piston and like 20 weight and your stock springs. this gives about the same effect, but i would only do this for bashing because in racing i dont think it would work good.

but in using this techinique or style of running my shocks, my 12.5 lb. savage turns better, jumps better, reacts better and HAS NEVER EVER bottomed out. ALTHO THERE IS A WARNING.

WARNGIN: (lol) some times you shocks will blow so have extra oil on hand.

also another thing i did was take thread locking tape and wrap it around the threads of the top of the shock (where the shock cap goes on) and screwed the caps on only on the shocks without the springs. this helps with teh possiblity of them leaking or blowing.

i have pics but my comps being gay so ill upload them later.